WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
No access under the lugs. I'm not sure if it's a straight pin I push through the drilled lugs? I email Baliha'i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
No access under the lugs. I'm not sure if it's a straight pin I push through the drilled lugs? I email Baliha'i

The drilled lugs use a push pin for removal. "Yes"

·
Registered
36,619 Posts
Sounds like too much work..... Lol Thanks gentlemen for the quick informative advice!

Uh... takes like 30 seconds :) with drilled luges, not sure it could be easier ;-)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
That's the main reason all of my watches have drilled lugs. No margin for error and really easy to swap!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Man why did I sold mine!!!

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
In a moment of Grail dangling weakness, I almost sold my BaliHa'i Bead Blasted Model Q!

Thank the maker I came to my senses and decided to keep it!

Lume.JPG

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Just giving this thread a fresh bump, as we haven’t seen any updates for a few years and I wanted this update to hit the feeds of the other BH fans

Late last year, I picked up an awesome BaliHa’i Ha’i Q PVD diver. Such a cool piece, it’s got a 42mm case with 22mm lugs, insane lume, a bulletproof quartz movement and a comfortable bracelet with a ratcheting clasp. I love the DLC finish, carbon dial and the 2 o’clock crown keeps it out of the back of your hand.

So I had this idea to pull out the Ronda quartz movement from the Ha’i Q and replace it with a GMT movement. After doing some research on movements, hands and part sizes, I picked up some parts and had a swing at it.

I found a Ronda GMT movement that was the same size as the three hander, and shared the same hand sizes! The main issue I had was that the date wheel on the new movement no longer lined up with the date window. A little bit of outside the box thinking, I flipped the dial, movement and case, and it lined up perfectly! So we no longer had a 2 o’clock crown, we’ve now got a destro crown at 8 o’clock! Looks rad, but we still had an issue with the red GMT hand dragging on the dial and getting dislodged.

At this point I enlisted the help of a good mate of mine with far more skills than I possess. Turns out the dial hole for the cannon pinion needed to be widened, to make sure the hands didn’t sit so close to the dial, a breakthrough!! He took care of this for me and shipped it back in tip top shape.

Presenting.... the Baliha’i Ha’i Q2!!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
New update on my Q2!

I got rid of that spindly red hand and replaced it with something more bold, more fun!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Let’s give this a fresh bump and see how many BaliHa’i’s are still floating around!

love to see some new pics from out there

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
So last week, I had this amazing GMT land on my wrist! It’s the only BH model I haven’t owned before, and it’s absolutely incredible. I think it might be very well one of the coolest watches I’ve ever owned! The fit and finish on this is on par with watches I’ve owned at double the price point, really really well made

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I love it when these BaliHa'i threads pop up. Takes me back to 2008/9 when the microbrand market was tiny, and you really rooted for the owners. Forum input played a huge role in the development of these watches, and they were priced a lot higher comparatively than micros are now. These guys really had to do a lot of work to get a case produced, etc. Not the catalog watch with your name on the dial that exists now. My tastes have been refined over the years and I no longer wear these watches, but I still have two. The "original" Project 1, and the later Project C.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Love those mate! I remember my old Project 1 - such a cool watch that I honestly had never seen anything quite like before. The blue and orange hand set just grabbed me and that’s where the obsession began!

Also love the black model C. One day I’ll pick one of those up.

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
So last week, I had this amazing GMT land on my wrist! It’s the only BH model I haven’t owned before, and it’s absolutely incredible. I think it might be very well one of the coolest watches I’ve ever owned! The fit and finish on this is on par with watches I’ve owned at double the price point, really really well made

Awesome congrats

I too love seeing the BHs come up. I was a late to the party and missed them but also appreciated the creative design.

Always happy to see more pics roll in too!

81 - 100 of 117 Posts