WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
I love it when these BaliHa'i threads pop up. Takes me back to 2008/9 when the microbrand market was tiny, and you really rooted for the owners. Forum input played a huge role in the development of these watches, and they were priced a lot higher comparatively than micros are now. These guys really had to do a lot of work to get a case produced, etc. Not the catalog watch with your name on the dial that exists now. My tastes have been refined over the years and I no longer wear these watches, but I still have two. The "original" Project 1, and the later Project C.

View attachment 15446631

View attachment 15446632
Very cool WB

Love the C, makes me think I should keep an eye out?

How does it wear?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thanks Boatswain! It wears smaller than most of his stuff with the lug-less aspect but not as small as the Ha'i Q. It is still puck-ish and quite thick. Extremely heavy (which equated to quality back then). I'm familiar with most of the stuff you wear and think you would be ok but not thrilled with it's size. If you can do the Gavox you can do this.

Very cool WB

Love the C, makes me think I should keep an eye out?

How does it wear?

·
Registered
11,851 Posts
Thanks Boatswain! It wears smaller than most of his stuff with the lug-less aspect but not as small as the Ha'i Q. It is still puck-ish and quite thick. Extremely heavy (which equated to quality back then). I'm familiar with most of the stuff you wear and think you would be ok but not thrilled with it's size. If you can do the Gavox you can do this.
Thanks for the note back

Maybe the Hai Q is the one I am remembering and thought I could pull off?

Was that the last one they made, quartz model?

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Morning all! Just wanted to share a few snaps of my BaliHa’i GMTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Evening BH fans! Thought I’d give this a fresh bump with some new BH pics.

Love to see some more posts from you guys

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I feel you. I shouldn’t have sold my Project One either

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I own a “Q.” Probably my favorite watch. Reminds me of the warm trade winds... the pedal steel guitars... the rumble of the waves beyond the reef...

·
Registered
36,619 Posts
IWC Chrono
Heuerville strap
For a long day of Christmas shopping

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have been quietly searching for the chronograph version for almost year and I have only seen one pop on eBay. I really wish he was still selling these...

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Ain’t no lume quite like it!

101 - 117 of 117 Posts