WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make the story short: I've received this week two GMT watches that I've been waiting for a long time, a MKII Key West and a Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT.

Two years ago I was luck enough to pre-order a MKII Key West. I loved it from the very first sketch I saw.
Only two months ago, while I was waiting for the MKII, I found my grail, the Grand Seiko SBGE001, at a very good price at WUS. And I pull the trigger.
At that moment I thought that I only need a GMT so I'd only keep one of them, but then they both have arrived at the same time... And I love both!!!
The MKII is somehow feminine, delicate and beautiful, while the GS speaks of superb quality and technique, a perfect machine with an outstanding finish and everything I could demand in a GMT watch (lumed bezel, power reserve, date, three time zones...)

We will happily live together forever... Me, the beauty and the beast. Here are a few pics of them...

And finally... My Fantastic Four

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, 66cooper. Thank you so much. Indeed the NATO strap is the one included in the new Omega Speedmaster presentation box. Tomorrow I'll adjust the bracelet and send more pics.

The lume in the MKII is very good... And in the GS is wonderful (the best of all my watches). Here is the pic...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Repeated post

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You're right... The GS is bigger and it looks much more bigger in the darkness (due to the lumed bezel). In this pic the MKII was sitting on the table but the GS was sitting on its own bracelet (see pic above).

During the day it depends on light reflection; sometimes the GS bezel is almost invisible while the MKII catchs all the light... And in the next second is the opposite. Amazing watches.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
... The lume in the MKII is very good... And in the GS is wonderful (the best of all my watches). Here is the pic...

The lume placement on the GS looks perfect. No object blocking another, all in balance. Very nice.

Like the 6542!

Reactions: Jfha1210

·
Registered
950 Posts
I am a big Grand Seiko fan and the GS GMT is a glorious statement of watchmaking craftsmanship, it almost has a statesman like presence. And we know that its innards represent among the highest levels of technical expertise. I would love to own this GS. That said my eye in the "fantastic four" photo goes right to the MKII Key West GMT which takes a somewhat minimalist and harmonious approach to achieve a subtler but superb design. I'd keep them both and wear the MKII for EU diplomatic jaunts and use the Grand Seiko for travel to the US or Asia where I needed to close a big deal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
offtopic a bit - I am blown away by how much bigger the SBGE001 looks compared to the speedy.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts