WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
i'm currently on the look out for a nice 24 hour preferably with 12 at the top. it just makes sense that when the sun is high so is the hour hand.
i'd also really like a 24hr singlehander. Botta do a superb one, but its quartz which puts me off, the only one i've seen is the new Jaquet Droz, but thats a ridiculous price i assume. somewhere over £10k!:-s
looks like it'll be an aviator:) as i've got the IQ version of the Fortis already and dont particularly like the quality of the case. i only keep it for the funky dial.

i've taken a look at the Airnautics and they look good. well made, decent movement etc.

if anyone has any ideas of a decent 24 under $1000 please let me know

cheers

Graham

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
I just broke down and bought an Airnautic like the one pictured here...
It arrived yesterday. What a neat watch. I love it, and will be posting pics and a review soon.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
I agree that's about the best 12 hour dial ever made.
It's not a 24 hour dial though, it's a 12 hour dial with a 24 hour bezel.
Ther hard thing about designing a very clear 24 hour dial is making it as easy to read as a classic Rolex sport dial :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry for the bump! :) In 2k10 Im planning on buying my first 24hr watch, and I'm interested in this one;

http://www.vostok-watches.com/start...viator_mechanical_24_hours_A_2623_1225831.php

You think this is readible for a beginner (its 8 to 3 right? ;p)? Is 160 euro a fair price? Is the shop known around here? How is the Poljot 2623 movement, what about accuracy?

Greetz!
Bruno

PS; how do Aviator's arrive? Always in a nice package like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POLJOT-AVIATO...ristwatches?hash=item45f053cc16#ht_8416wt_939 ?

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
It's 0350 in the morning.
I've heard good things about these watches though I have no first hand experience.
I agree that it would be a very easy watch to read in 24.
Hopefully someone else can help with your other questions.

·
Registered
81 Posts
|> time is 0252.

Had this watch and was very easy to read.
I am quite hard on watches and the domed crystal broke within the first month.
Also a need for care with the stem. The stem pulled out completely on mine (after snagging on a glove that I was taking off - I'm a paramedic) Unfortunately the company I brought it through went bust and I lost the watch when it went in for warranty repairs.

If you're used to domed crystals and don't have any problems with them, then it should be a great first watch. :-!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.