WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is no such thing as a good fake Seiko so the best one would be awful. I think I just found the prize!

I hit Garage sales and I ask nearly every one if they have any Seikos. Some one said yes and brought this and one other Seiko out.

DSC04810_2948.JPG

It's a beautiful two tone chrono!

DSC04802_2940.JPG
But wait! Get me my case wrench. No, I don't need it, it's a snap back.

DSC04804_2942.JPG

Wow, what a movement. How do I reset the chrono dials?

DSC04776_2914.JPG
Any way, the other watch was this 1983 7A28-7009 Alien chrono in it's box. Not quite mint but close!

DSC04793_2931.JPG DSC04787_2925.JPG DSC04785_2923.JPG

I guess I just had to buy them both!

·
Registered
81 Posts
love the chrono. That is a real gem. but how about that fake seiko. I have never seen one that brutally awful before. I hope the original owner didnt think it was real.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The fact that it has no pushers to work the subdials was the first clue.
But that's a really bad fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 7A28-7009 was not one of my grails (It is for some) but I always wanted to find one.

The watch is called the Aliens Seiko, because Lt. Ripley ( Sigourney Weaver) wears it in the movie. The watch is designed by Giorgio Giugiaro. Forum member Minutten started a cool thread on the watch. Check it out at.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-7a28-7009-1986-movie-aliens-605782.html

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Wow! Awesome find on the Aliens watch! Super rare!! I would have bought both and right after paying the guy, dropped the fake chrono onto the pavement and stomped it to bits. One less feiko in the world!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Awesome find on the Aliens watch! Super rare!! I would have bought both and right after paying the guy, dropped the fake chrono onto the pavement and stomped it to bits. One less feiko in the world!
You know, I thought about doing that but it has grown on me. It is absolutely disgusting with fake chrono dials. A friend of mine is a local watch repairman and he wanted to hang it on the wall in his back shop. We both had never seen any thing so bad!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Wow, both ends of the spectrum in one garage sale!!

I agree, that fake Seiko has to be the worst one I've ever seen. It's a museum piece!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts