WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

561 - 580 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks!

I'm wearing it today on a vintage suede strap. I love it for its simplicity and it was fun to build.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
That is a really cool looking watch you've made there. Could I ask you to show a side on shot of the case and I'd also like to know what case you used to build it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a really cool looking watch you've made there. Could I ask you to show a side on shot of the case and I'd also like to know what case you used to build it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course. It is a Tiger Concept 1016 (explorer) case with TC hands and a Dagaz dial. This was made on a budget so I chose to put a dg2813 in there. I regulated it and it runs very accurate now.

If you're looking to spend a bit more you can get an explorer case on the bay, put an ETA movement in it and go from there. Something I may do in the future ;)

I'll get you a photo of its sides later!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
To revive an old thread- I've committed a cardinal watch sin

As of today, there is a used BB36 on strap on its way to the east coast from Italy. With box and papers it was a steal; but I know I'd prefer the bracelet, and my local AD has quoted a whopping $579USD. Is it worth taking the plunge, or have I goofed up good?

pix to follow

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
To revive an old thread- I've committed a cardinal watch sin

As of today, there is a used BB36 on strap on its way to the east coast from Italy. With box and papers it was a steal; but I know I'd prefer the bracelet, and my local AD has quoted a whopping $579USD. Is it worth taking the plunge, or have I goofed up good?

pix to follow
Just buy a Super Oyster in 19mm, get the look, save the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just buy a Super Oyster in 19mm, get the look, save the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.strapcode.com/store/19mm-20mm-21mm-super-oyster-solid-stainless-steel-straight-watch-band-brushed-wetsuit-ratchet-buckle-p-3224.html#.WbsC9bJ97IU

Not a bad idea, I didn't even know high quality non oem oysters existed. The bracelet I love most at the moment is on my Oris Aquis 36 when it comes to sporting- no spring bars, no problem. The only thing I'm weary about is how it'll look without fitted end links. This is the reason why I didn't bother with the ranger, the gap between the bracelet looked goofy.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
https://www.strapcode.com/store/19mm-20mm-21mm-super-oyster-solid-stainless-steel-straight-watch-band-brushed-wetsuit-ratchet-buckle-p-3224.html#.WbsC9bJ97IU

Not a bad idea, I didn't even know high quality non oem oysters existed. The bracelet I love most at the moment is on my Oris Aquis 36 when it comes to sporting- no spring bars, no problem. The only thing I'm weary about is how it'll look without fitted end links. This is the reason why I didn't bother with the ranger, the gap between the bracelet looked goofy.
I'd actually be interested in seeing your Aquis 36mm, are they posted anywhere?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'd actually be interested in seeing your Aquis 36mm, are they posted anywhere?
From a while back, and I'm happy to say as it sits next to the BB36, received 20 min ago today, it hasn't changed much. I can post updated pictures to them together when home.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f22/lets-see-your-oris-today-832336-273.html#post38695937

Keeping with the thread, my 6.75in flat wrist is almost too big, on the last hole of the leather strap. If it was a hotter day I'd be doomed. Will definitely look into after market bracelets.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It’s only available in white markers so yes that is a photoshop. I can’t imagine they’d release a watch like this with only this change. Imo it’s a million times better in white anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great looking watch I just cant get down with anything under 40mm and I have tiny wrists. I just feel like this is like woman sized lol

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Great looking watch I just cant get down with anything under 40mm and I have tiny wrists. I just feel like this is like woman sized lol
You have tiny wrists and your user ID is "Mr. T" ? :)

They make exactly the same watch in 41mm.
Not quite exactly the same. I prefer the relative proportions of the parts of the 41mm one, and I wish they'd make the 36mm with those relative proportions.

561 - 580 of 606 Posts