WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
How does the Blue dial look in person? I'm thinking of supplementing my Explorer I with a blue dial BB36. Appreciate any pics from the group. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does the Blue dial look in person? I'm thinking of supplementing my Explorer I with a blue dial BB36. Appreciate any pics from the group. :)
As far as I know, they're not out yet. I ordered one from a local AD back in early April. Supposedly they won't be released until July or August, but my dealer didn't have an exact date. I'd love to know, because I'm itching to get it on my wrist!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Owned mine about 5 months now. Absolutely love it. Just a few points if anyone can help:-
1. I am sure the Longines Evidenza has a raised crown guard. Who was first
2. The camo strap. Is it me or is horrible or nice? To me its awful. Secondly is it just woefully short?
3. Can you only buy a leather strap from a dealer?

Otherwise, nice watch |Tudor

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Owned mine about 5 months now. Absolutely love it. Just a few points if anyone can help:-
1. I am sure the Longines Evidenza has a raised crown guard. Who was first
2. The camo strap. Is it me or is horrible or nice? To me its awful. Secondly is it just woefully short?
3. Can you only buy a leather strap from a dealer?

Otherwise, nice watch |Tudor
The nato isn’t designed to tuck back so it should be short although length is adjustable although fiddly. I am not a fan of the camo but on a friends it does look quite nice on.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I finally joined the club after lusting for one for about 6 months. Aesthetically, this watch is perfect in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I’ve seen both black and blue dial side by side in a dealer, in the end I picked the black one over the blue because it looks more classic and I imagine I might get bored really soon with the blue.

If only the blue dial had golden applied markers (instead of chrome), that would’ve been a real killer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What are your experiences with the bracelet on this watch? Mine didn’t come on bracelet and now I’m thinking I want to try it. Worth the cost to find one? I’m normally a leather guy but wear my bb36 on perlon quite a bit in the summer also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
What are your experiences with the bracelet on this watch? Mine didn’t come on bracelet and now I’m thinking I want to try it. Worth the cost to find one? I’m normally a leather guy but wear my bb36 on perlon quite a bit in the summer also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can comment directly on this. My BB36 also came on leather and I didn't care for the nato, neither fit right. Tried an aftermarket straight endlink bracelet from strap code, but the metals must have been different hardness as it ended up scratching the crap out of the case-back and inside of lugs- not to mention no taper and overall lower finishing quality. I finally broke down before Thanksgiving (received the watch in September, so 2 months in I knew it was staying) and found an AD to order me the part from Switzerland.

Now, I don't know if I was played for a sucker, but when I first got the watch they quoted me $500 for the bracelet. By the time I wound up making the deal, it came out closer to $700- something about it being the last one in stock as accessory in Switzerland, and demand going up for the holidays. Still not happy about that, but whats done is done.

The bracelet was great for a while, but always left something to be desired as far as fit is concerned. I wore it loose with all links on my 6.75in wrist and smallest (innermost) micro adjust for a while out of excitement, but began to realize that my older Oris Aquis 36 (yes the "ladies" version) still fit better when moving around. I took out a link over the winter and expanded the micro-adjust to the farthest out position, but still became uncomfortable during long periods of wear or when doing light activity. I found myself popping open the clasp to readjust/re-position the watch every couple of hours; it left deep imprints on my wrist.

I did everything in between to get the fitment right: add/remove links, micro adjust, flip the clasp, move links from 12 to 6 side and back, and the bottom line is to this day I prefer wearing the BB36 on an iso style borealis rubber, or Barton Silicone Elite during the summer. Canvas straps also look killer, but all these alternate strap solutions take away from an otherwise classy and elegant looking aesthetic.

The final chapter in this saga [thanks for making it this far]: I purchased the Explorer I (214270) last week, had it sized w/ one link out, innermost micro adjust, and the thing fits like a dream. The sad part is that I still prefer the smaller, more elegant size of the BB36 watch head, but when it comes to the funny, sometimes sharp and ill-fitting bracelet, the bigger brother will always win out.

Post Script- when I first got both of these bracelets, both of them "squeaked" from such tight tolerances! The rolex squeaks between the links, and the Tudor due to the clasp arm (hinge). The difference between the two is most apparent inside the clasp and outward finishing, much smoother to the touch and eye on Rolex. The reason why I still have both is I ADORE the ceramic retaining/detent balls that the Tudor uses for the clasp and flip lock- and for this reason it'll remain a true "tool".

Best of luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Than,s for the info on the bracelet. For the cost from a dealer, sounds like I can just buy another full set w the watch and bracelet used, sell the one on leather and come out ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
What's the going rate for a new one? Has anyone bought from a place like Jomashop? They go for around $2,300 new on their site...

581 - 600 of 606 Posts