WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

601 - 606 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thread revive — hindsight time. Thought it would be interesting to look back at the size discussion in this thread circa 2016:
In 10 years we'll go back and laugh at these threads where people all say 44mm watches was the "norm."
Nailed it—only took 4 years.
The days of 36mm watches being the sweet spot for most men are long gone, and most likely not coming back.
Hmmmm.
Fashion is cyclical. In 20 years I predict the "norm" will be not only smaller, but also thinner. The tall and wide watches today will be seen as definitely early 2000's trend.
Exactly—my sense (I may be wrong), smaller and thinner = 2020.

What will 2024 look like?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Thread revive — hindsight time. Thought it would be interesting to look back at the size discussion in this thread circa 2016:

Nailed it—only took 4 years.

Hmmmm.

Exactly—my sense (I may be wrong), smaller and thinner = 2020.

What will 2024 look like?
Laughing at the guy who said “36mm being the sweet spot for men is long gone”. It never went away lol... 36mm will pretty much always be a sweet spot for the majority of wrists. It simply comes down to whether YOU prefer larger watches. A 36mm watch looks appropriate on lots of men’s wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: svorkoetter

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
My wrist achieved steady state about 40 years ago. Its ideal size is 38mm and can go up to 40 with most lugs and 42 with short lugs.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
My wrist achieved steady state about 40 years ago. Its ideal size is 38mm and can go up to 40 with most lugs and 42 with short lugs.
I’m about the same but my ideal size is 36mm, largest in my collection the 114060 at 40. I’ve become more aware of lug to lug length in the last 5 years... 48mm L2L is about as large as I will go on my 6.3” flat wrist.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Pics for comparison, BB36 vs 114060:

Reactions: Duggan and Buick
601 - 606 of 606 Posts