WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The other month I wrote a post about whether to go for the Super Avenger or Navitimer World...
I've decided on the Navitimer World :-!.

HOWEVER!:-s I don't know which watch face I like best!? :think: I have seen the White and the Black on stainless steel and can not decide o|, anyone fancy giving me some Pro's|> and Cons<|?

Which do you think is the more 'timeless' look?

I know i'll be very happy with either on my wrist:)
:thanks in advance

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is something we all wonder about...
Do you have any other watches that are either white or black dialed? If so, you may want to have another color for the change. I have three black dials, so the next will be definitly white. White seems to be more timeless and dressy while the black is more sporty. But truly either way you cant go wrong. The other thing to do would be to try them both out, then you will know.
success,
pete

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
white is not a popular colour. i spoke to my AD recently and he confirmed that the white aerospace still doesn't sell well. breitling discontinued white after the first 'navitimer' aerospace but brought it back again for the 'avantage' (and yes, i know it's not called that now). so, i think it depends on whether this mattrs to you or not, as i imagine black will be easier to re-sell.

candidly, i've come to the view that white is perceived as a feminine colour. not that i'm trying to be derogatory or offensive but i do think women tend to go for white more than men.

BTW, i currently have a white 'navitimer' aerospace undergoing repair. i'm not sure if i'll keep it when it's fixed. i think i ended up buying it because it was rare and different. i'd probably not do so again.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
white cosmo looks alot better than black i prefer the white fighters to the black, however i like the datora in black. think the world looks better in black, i love the old navi oly in white and black

i dont think either will re sell better, i would agree that the aerospace maybe harder to sell in white but then i dont like it in any form.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I love the white world.

Almost bought one a while back, only chose not to because of the white Monty Legende I have.

I think the white lends itself to so many more choices of strap colour and still looks great on the nav bracelet.

Go onto Breitling Japan website and play in the fitting bay. Especially try the white world on a black or blue Croc strap.

It'll answer all of your thoughts

Davey

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am still in love with my first B.. How about this combo? This wears very nice!

Cheers
Tiaz

Reactions: SWISS cheese

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest I'm never going to sell the watch, it's definately going to be a keeper so I wouldn't be bothered about which coour will sell in the future. Also I have tried them both on! I STILL CAN NOT DECIDE!
They're both very nice looking watches, I have heard a few ppl say white is slightly more ' associated with females' but really i'm just lookng for a watch colour that'll look good with the suit and tux's but also go with the more casual look. I want the colour that says 'I'm a breitling'...Does anyone know what I mean?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
To be honest I'm never going to sell the watch, it's definately going to be a keeper so I wouldn't be bothered about which coour will sell in the future. Also I have tried them both on! I STILL CAN NOT DECIDE!
They're both very nice looking watches, I have heard a few ppl say white is slightly more ' associated with females' but really i'm just lookng for a watch colour that'll look good with the suit and tux's but also go with the more casual look. I want the colour that says 'I'm a breitling'...Does anyone know what I mean?
ultimately, it's what you feel suites you personally. my brother only wears black watches. that's him. i've got a range of colours but i do tend to gravitate to black. white is perhaps more casual than black but it's all really subjective. as for "i'm a breitling" it's the watch that says that not the colour of the dial.

·
Banned
1,361 Posts
I think white is a great color! All the dress watches are usually BLACK dial, WHITE, OR SILVER. I was looking in a man magazine. I dont remember if it was esquire, GQ or some other fashion mens mag BUT it had a section about dressy white/ silver dials. Had the newer 43mm version of the mont blanc timewalker chrono and I loved the lighter dial. It was on a black croc strap and looked fantastic. I think the white dial navi world is awesome. You cant go wrong with any dial color really. I mean cmon its a freaking BREITLING!! they are huge, especailly the 46mm world!!!!! not exactly petite and feminine. Go for the color u want. I think black or white are two neutral colors that can be worn with anything. Its not like your buying a pink dial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys thanks for all the help! I tried both on this weekend just gone...really couldn't pick one but the shop selling the black gave me a better deal so opted for that one! I have to say initially white didn't get a look in, my gut instinct was black...now after months of debate in my head I've gone for the one I first liked!
Now just got to pick it up friday (forgot my card last weekend haha)!

Such a hard decsion to make cause in theory its something that's going to be attached to you for a long long time, so you gotta like it!

thanks again,

Jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
MAN i been going through the SAME darned dillema man! I like black but something tells me white is more "classy", never thought buying a watch could be so difficult!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I always feel like white is dressier and is more versatile because it can be casual as well. I'd get the white B, seems more official.

·
Registered
133 Posts
if i were you, id get the white navi. its absolutely gorgeous. And the thing with us B folks is, we end up buying the other breitlings that we also want. So later on when you're buying the SA, you can get the black and that will be a beast.

cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Both B & W are really great colors (I got both on Navis), but I'd say black dial, due to a slightly better readability...:think:
Here's my World :

Up to you ! ;-)

Cheers,
Brice

1 - 20 of 28 Posts