WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has posted on the WUS Omega forum! If it wasn't for your knowledge and enthusiasm, I probably wouldn't have this newfound appreciation for Omegas and other nice watches.

Special thanks to jmsrolls and J.Bond for info on the FFAD and Omega MSRPs! :thanks

I visited all the Omega ADs in Helsinki last week, but none of them had the 2901.50.91. One nice AD ordered the watch for me to try on, and it arrived today. I tried it on a few hours ago, and walked out of the store with the watch on my wrist :)

The price was quite good, the best I could get here. It was so good, in fact, that even with the weak USD it wasn't really worth the trouble to order the watch from the FFAD.

Here are some quick pictures I took for you guys. The quality is quite bad since I took the pictures with my cameraphone. I'll get around to taking some better pictures in a month or so when I'll get my hands on my parents' DSLR camera.

The box. How very interesting..

It's empty! Where is it?! Where is it?!!!!!
Wait a minute..
Wheeeewww! Heh, it's already on my wrist ;-)

Here we go, the obligatory wristshot everyone has been waiting for! I don't think I can agree with my camera on the hue on this one, though. Seriously, those colors makes me look like an alien :roll:.

The lume is working too (and the camera, although just barely so..).

The first few hours with my new Omega have been pleasant indeed. Hoewever, I haven't worn a watch for over five years, so it feels a bit weird to have something strapped around my wrist :-d. The watch really is a beauty, so shiny and curvy ;-)! I feel this is going to be a long "relationship". All my friends think I'm a bit crazy, though, but they don't understand true forms of art, like my watch.

Look mom, I have an avatar picture! It took five minutes to make it with Photoshop.. Maybe I'll update it later.

Now I'd like to have my POO Club Membership Card, thanks!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
It looks great on your wrist. Enjoy!

BTW cool avatar.

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to POO club! Nice pics, it looks great on your wrist. Glad to have helped you. |>

~JB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It looks great on your wrist. Enjoy!

BTW cool avatar.
Doesn't the PO look good on anyone's wrist? ;-) It's a great looking watch, so I reckon it should look great wherever it is. Nevertheless, thanks!

Yeah the avatar turned out quite nice, considering the time it took to make it :). Did you notice it reads 'Omeega'? Hehe!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations! I got myself a 2201.50(.00? Bracelet, anyway) two weeks ago, have enjoyed every second since.

I made the same observation you did - after some talking to the local AD, the discount got so deep that it really wouldn't be worth the extra trouble ordering one from abroad.

Great watch, although I am wearing my Sinn 656 today. :)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Niiiiice :p

Hopefully my next one.

Although, to be honest, you should have bought it WITH bracelet, and bought and installed the rubber separately.

If you ever want the bracelet in the future, it's going to cost ya :-x

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Very nice! But do see a dermatologist at the first opportunity because if you are not an alien, you have a peculiar skin tone. :-d

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
gazser, i've had my PO for about 5 months and love it more today than when i got it. to me, it represents what omega sport watches are about...no nonsense, refined, and mighty strong. cheers and congrats!:-!

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Welcome to the POO club. For a first watch you sure picked a winner. It looks great. Enjoy it. - David

PS - I guarantee before the year is out at least one of your friends is gonna be thinking about getting one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts