WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
3,859 Posts
***** is right about the watches - the pics are of two recent iterations of the IWC Aquatimer: the vintage dual-crown and the slightly more recent 2000 (paid homage to by the Prometheus Poseidon). I'm not sure if I should risk trying to post pics again or not - if I click on the attachment links I can see them on my computer. I get invalid links on my Android phone and on my ancient Android tablet the pictures display! Went with hyperlnks to reviews of each instead...

I can't see them either. But I suspect it's a pic of Mike with his hair all grown out long and flowing all sexy-like in the mid-life crisis convertible of his dreams :)

Oh yeah, and sporting a snazzy IWC on his wrist.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Thank you Tapatalk! Not only are my posts from Tapatalk for Android going missing but it keeps presenting me with links to BSHT 12 and that's where I just posted this contribution for #www, my grandfather's Eternamatic Centenaire (because it was the most recent link on the "feed" page on my phone):

Pen Everyday carry Fashion accessory Watch Fountain pen

And now the attachment thing in IE 11. Aaargh!

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Happy Friday, brothers!

In its original resolution this shot captured the Omega in the centre of the hesalite crystal. Wonder if it will be visible on WUS? Was so tired this morning that after I set it I put it on with my LRRP, which I'd forgotten to take off. A bit comical as I couldn't work out why it wouldn't go past the knobby part of my wrist (that was for you, Justin!):

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Hi - thank you. It's a Watchco produced Omega Seamaster 166.024 using NOS/OEM replacement case, dial, handset, crystal, bezel, and bezel insert. The movement came from a donor watch and is a calibre 565. The movement dates to 1970, which is in the production range of this generation of Seamasters, so it's kinda sorta a 1970 Omega Seamaster 300m. Lots of controversy about these and similar watches produced using donor movements and service case parts (are they genuine Omega watches? Are they fakes? Are they glorified homages?) but I love it!

The bracelet is an 1171/633 from a Speedmaster. I picked it up and filed the endlinks down to fit a Precista PRS-14 (which is an homage to this Omega) that I had - and it *finally* made that watch wearable in my opinion. When I picked the Watchco up almost two years ago the Precista didn't last long, but I kept the bracelet and was very relieved to find that the endlinks fit this case perfectly (was worried I had filed too much material off the endlinks to fit it to the Precista...).

Pardon my ignorance but what model/variant is this? It is a real beauty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Looks great! Why a new crystal though? I'm assuming that one's acrylic or hesalite and should polish right up (use white toothpaste and you can do it yourself with a bit of patience and elbow grease).

Good morning brothers. It's not 100% restored right now, but other than a new crystal I may leave it. What do you think?

It wears really well. 38mm watches are the absolute perfect size in my opinion. 40 and 36 are great, but 38 is where the party's at!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Just edit your post and highlight each picture (you don't have to delete or remove it first) and re-attach it. PITFA, but at least there's a work around.

On a related note (because this is a watch forum), why in the name of all that is holy am I struggling to avoid ordering a Magrette diver AND trying to avoid pulling the trigger on a used IWC Aquatimer Vintage dual-crown, which I can't afford? For that matter, I can't afford the Magrette, but go larger or go home I always say.... And I'm home now. Dammit.

Seriously WUS...........fix the damned attachment bug!

· Registered
3,859 Posts
I know, right? Posting some pics on a watch forum shouldn't be so hard!

Thank you sir! A little too much work for me at the moment........

On a related note though, the forum is absolutely jacked. Any time I try to quote someone, if you have multi-quoted recently, the forum will bring up the previous mult-quote....however, if you post from Tapatalk, everything is fine.

So strange.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
All my name ideas are awful. I realize the gray area with making branded dial, but I figured it's OK since I'm not changing the brand (it is a Zeno watch, after all)
To put an ETA movement in a case designed to accept an AS movement, I'm guessing you'll need to cut the dial feet off and swap the movement retaining ring.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.