WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
4,422 Posts
Happy Friday everybody!
I had this SKX031 (7s26-0040) lying around for sometime, I got it darn cheap just for the case.
But surprisingly it ticks well and have nice lume to it, I'm actually liking it as is.
Probably will have to replace the bezel insert, I hate this franken one installed!
I thought I will give it a go for #natofriday

Instagram: @ the_watchier

· Registered
4,422 Posts
Here was as is arrived.

I sanded and painted the bezel. I originally had more red, but the black looked better.

Then I needed to clean up the bezel a bit more with a fine grain sand paper.

Then I added one more layer of paint. I also lightly polished the sides of the case, but I don't have a before on that.

Finished. Needs new crystal though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Great Job John, it is a rare find for sure :)
I've always wanted one of those but either they are so expensive or have a lot of franken parts in it. Currently there is a seller selling one on the bay with an Omega crown!!!

Wear yours in good health my friend.

· Registered
4,422 Posts
A question for the modding brothers:

The first iterations of the ZEX were shipped with an ETA 2824. According to their UK distributor the case has remained unchanged (I assume they just used different movement holders?). Does this mean I can throw in an ETA 2824 without too much hassle (hands have the same diameter, 1.50 x 0.90 x 0.25mm)? Will there be problems with the crown (stem?) fit?

Sorry for the noob questions but the only modding I've ever done is changing straps, so I have no idea. I'll probably have a watchmaker do the swap anyway.

And while we're on it -- if the movement can be swapped, I was thinking to have a custom dial printed to get rid of the awkward gap between dial markers and inner case. I have no idea how big the dial should be, but I guess given its size a normal sized 1016 dial with feet for 2824 should do the trick, right? Another thing I particularly suck at is photo editing, so I cooked these up in Paint:

View attachment 7343794

View attachment 7343802

I'd like to keep the ZENO Basel name as I like it and it has some heritage behind it, but I never really got why they have to put ZENO-Watch on it, as if one could mistake the product for a tea cup or something. Anyway, I couldn't think of a better name myself if I tried to make one up. I suppose though that I'd have to use other (longer) hands as well, then.

What do you think, would this at all be within the realm of possibilities?
What is the current movement? I thought you said eta 2824, so why replace it?

· Registered
4,422 Posts
So here's a lot more to go on! I'm afraid if we keep this up the reveal will just be disappointing! It a pretty obscure little brand (if brand is the right word). Chronotac Chronomat.

I'm not sure of this one's age. There doesn't seem to be a lot to go on and I haven't dug around online too much yet. Any info would be welcome. Where's The Owl when you need him?!? It's a decent little military explorer. And I mean little 35.5mm case! I think it's running a DG movement but I haven't opened it up yet. I'll post some more pics tomorrow. No promises that it'll stay on the wrist all day though! The Hydrofoil has found itself back to my arm everyday so far!
Great find! It is really funny cause I have a clown cloud myself and it is a chronotac as well but more subish than yours, still not a sub :)
I won't reveal more till it arrives, it will be shipped from HK in 2 days so hopefully by April :)

· Registered
4,422 Posts

· Registered
4,422 Posts
I really wish that Doc had done a Gilded dial version in his new NTH line of subs.

T minus 3...

Sent via the grapevine
Yes I wished so as well! I even wished for a regular stealth with Mercedes hands!
I really like the entire collection but non of them is the ultimate watch for me!

· Registered
4,422 Posts
don't know about you guys, but I've got like 30 watches floating around, and when I'm about to take a trip to spring training--as I am--I think, what's the one watch I can take, that'll look good, wear good, and just take a general beating that's likely with 3 days of beer, baseball, and whatever. I'm sure there's a number that I could bring, but I feel like one of the NTHs is going to be that tool watch I've been wanting. Maybe the Blue Nacken. Maybe the Santa Cruz. Maybe that vintage black Nacken, that is growing on me. Maybe just get the Modern Amphion and go all iconic Sub...
Yeah I might really consider the Santa Cruz or the Oberon.
Might also consider the Amphion but then my OVM might be threatened badly :)

· Registered
4,422 Posts
Breaking in my new Cincy Strap Works NATO on my Modern MilSub mod (and being compliant on this Friday...)

Awesome strap BTW.. Bought 3 and I am sure I'll be buying more.

View attachment 7398170
My green bezel says hi! This is not taken today, but actually I'm wearing it today for some serious desk diving :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.