WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· Registered
2,735 Posts
Finally finished (somewhat) my first seiko diver rebuild for a non compliant Friday.

a "rare" 4205-015

messed up the date mech a bit as I forgot to use the movement spacer at first. Quick set still works but it seems to slip in normal use and with the actual time setting.
New bezel insert would not go in even with some percussive persuasion.
Ordered another hoping for better results.
Unfortunately didn't have time to make a strap by the time the rebuild was done but I think the burgundy I had lying around is a good temp.

· Registered
2,735 Posts
A whiles back when Camilo first commissioned me for a strap, he also brought up the possibility of wanting a watch roll made. I hadn't made any at the time so we said we could talk design and what not when he was ready to order.
That hasn't come to pass yet, probably because he's apparently rcc-inc the majority of his collection to live a Thach-like life.
But it did spark my interest as I'm planning my trip to Korea and Japan.
So I sourced one bigger piece of leather and some off the scrap/odd pieces I had laying around and here's the result. Not your typical watch roll. Not really a roll at all. I call it my watch portfolio.

After doing some test fitting I wonder if I should've made more slots. Haha.

· Registered
2,735 Posts
Heated "discussions" in a "What do you consider affordable thread" so I'm not supposed to be posting this in a WRUW. You guys don't mind do you?

View attachment 7348250
I'd consider the Black Bay to be a very attainable grail. Something that can be done with some patience and restraint. Now if you posted THE ONE, that'd be a different story and we should be best friends.

· Registered
2,735 Posts
Hah! I just unzipped over in that thread. Some guys are just tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, don't understand it at all. Unless someone was being a total douche and flooding threads with random postings of their Pateks or whatnot in a blatant attempt to show off his wealth who cares?
I've always been taught to strive for wealth, not resent it.

· Registered
2,735 Posts
Now you're in my territory!! See, it's my business to take care of kids that people try to flip in one way or another! I think you'd be surprised how little ROI you actually get! And then there are the courts!!!
If you're gonna flip em, do it early on. I'm only about a year into my 18year finance plan with mine. After 18 years I finally earn the right to kick him out.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.