WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 2930 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Happy Friday, brothers!

In its original resolution this shot captured the Omega in the centre of the hesalite crystal. Wonder if it will be visible on WUS? Was so tired this morning that after I set it I put it on with my LRRP, which I'd forgotten to take off. A bit comical as I couldn't work out why it wouldn't go past the knobby part of my wrist (that was for you, Justin!):

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Happy Friday everybody!
I had this SKX031 (7s26-0040) lying around for sometime, I got it darn cheap just for the case.
But surprisingly it ticks well and have nice lume to it, I'm actually liking it as is.
Probably will have to replace the bezel insert, I hate this franken one installed!
I thought I will give it a go for #natofriday

Instagram: @ the_watchier

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Finally finished (somewhat) my first seiko diver rebuild for a non compliant Friday.

a "rare" 4205-015

messed up the date mech a bit as I forgot to use the movement spacer at first. Quick set still works but it seems to slip in normal use and with the actual time setting.
New bezel insert would not go in even with some percussive persuasion.
Ordered another hoping for better results.
Unfortunately didn't have time to make a strap by the time the rebuild was done but I think the burgundy I had lying around is a good temp.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
#TGIF

My Deep Blue Sea Quest.
IMG_3355.JPG

Close up ...
IMG_3356.JPG

Not so good lume shot
IMG_3357.JPG

1000m wr, manual helium valve, sapphire crystal, Seiko quartz movement. For less than $100 new, it might be the best value deep sea diver watch in my collection.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Happy Friday, brothers!

In its original resolution this shot captured the Omega in the centre of the hesalite crystal. Wonder if it will be visible on WUS? Was so tired this morning that after I set it I put it on with my LRRP, which I'd forgotten to take off. A bit comical as I couldn't work out why it wouldn't go past the knobby part of my wrist (that was for you, Justin!):

Pardon my ignorance but what model/variant is this? It is a real beauty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fmadrid

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hi - thank you. It's a Watchco produced Omega Seamaster 166.024 using NOS/OEM replacement case, dial, handset, crystal, bezel, and bezel insert. The movement came from a donor watch and is a calibre 565. The movement dates to 1970, which is in the production range of this generation of Seamasters, so it's kinda sorta a 1970 Omega Seamaster 300m. Lots of controversy about these and similar watches produced using donor movements and service case parts (are they genuine Omega watches? Are they fakes? Are they glorified homages?) but I love it!

The bracelet is an 1171/633 from a Speedmaster. I picked it up and filed the endlinks down to fit a Precista PRS-14 (which is an homage to this Omega) that I had - and it *finally* made that watch wearable in my opinion. When I picked the Watchco up almost two years ago the Precista didn't last long, but I kept the bracelet and was very relieved to find that the endlinks fit this case perfectly (was worried I had filed too much material off the endlinks to fit it to the Precista...).

Pardon my ignorance but what model/variant is this? It is a real beauty!!!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Horween Friday? I forget what the Friday theme actually is.

Edit, and in a giant twist of irony...Omegafanboy asks what model one if the most iconic Omegas is.

Just poking fun OFB, I believe it is the 165.024. Speaking of which, shouldn't the F71 watch be close to completion?

Bloody cheek!!!!!! (Hahaha no offence taken)

I realised it was a Seamaster 300 but was not sure which version. Thanks to Darwins post I now know it was a WatchCo one. I rather like it and might have to take a look for one. Are they still producing them?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Theyre down in Australia and seem still to be selling. Bit spendy for a franken not built by jelli!

241 - 260 of 2930 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.