WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3197 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Part 15!

So, brother Sonic mentioned an idea for the start of Part 15, a recap of sorts. A mention of what might have brought us to the BSHT, what keeps us here, what drives each of our BSHT passions if you will. I like the idea, so I'm kicking it off!

I don't even own a sub at this point, having sold off two TC's that I previously thought might satisfy the desire. Seeing all the Kigers, Kingstons, Infra's and other customs, makes it incredibly difficult to sit on my haunches as of late. But for me it's simple. While I love all the 3-6-9's and big crowns, there is one piece that gives me the shivers every time I see one, that keeps me coming back for more, leaving me sweating with desire...

Which, I hope, can be satisfied at least partially by a soon to be NTH!

Until that time, I'll continue to sit on the sidelines, watching the game that is the BSHT, and popping in every odd Wednesday to keep everyone on their toes!

Actually, until that Commander 300 comes in. Screw it, that's going to get some spotlighting in here. Given that it was Brother Woz himself that inspired that whole project, I am sure it will be welcome in here.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Hello Part 15 my new friend ;-)

So this is the Sub that always floated my boat. By that I mean I always admired the simplicity of a non date Submariner over all others. This particular tritium dialled 2-liner is perhaps the "Essence of Submariner"... you could bottle it... from which all others share some DNA.

I've owned lots and lots of Sub Homage now but this is the one... the keeper...

I must say that DNA is strong in this one too :)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I support Sonic_driftwood's suggestion in Part 14 about our first posts here in this new thread. Let's do this the way founder emeritus Fullers did in part 1. Here's mine:

The Nassau is still number one for me. Its quality is top notch among my other subs. It can be seen in the way the steel shines. The luster is different but it's not blingy.

The Kiger. Modern, toolish, milsub, wedding gift from my wife. What's not to like. Oh and it's number 4 of 25 pieces. Win.

The Invicta 8926ob. Running on a Seiko movement, some in Miyota. 200m WR rating, affordable. Can be modified to just about anything. Again, what's not to like?!

Your turn guys.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Here's my huckleberry:

-Invicta 8926OB (Miyota)

It's def not the perfect/grail watch by any means (honestly don't think a one watch to rule them all kind of thing would ever work for me anyway).
It's gone through about 5 or 6 iterations in the last year or so and handled them all like a champ.
It gets my mention and highlight as it was the gateway drug leading me down the rabbit hole of BSHT insanity.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Evidently the jump to part 15 happened as I wrote this. Not the best way to start a new thread but here goes:

It seems bracelets and me are a big bag of hurt. I ordered the riveted bracelet for my Kiger, but when I tried to bend the end links to fit the Kiger the small tubes for the spring bars came loose rendering an end link unusable (argh!).

So I ordered another bracelet for an Invicta 8926 which I read somewhere would fit the Kiger. I received the second bracelet today, and was able to properly bend the end links to fit the Kiger (yay!). The difference in the end links can be seen here:

The right ones are the ones that was bendable and did not have small tubes soldered inside the link.

The new end links fit the riveted braclet as well (yay!), but as I tried to resize it I discovered two screws in the links on either side of the clasp were stuck rendering it impossible to resize the bracelet (argh!). So I had to fit the new regular oyster bracelet instead. It also had a stuck screw, but with a bit of micro adjustment fiddling I got an acceptable size:

I have to see if I can get a replacement for the faulty riveted bracelet, but if I have to pay any more shipping I think I'll find a riveted bracelet somewhere else, maybe a Tiger.

At least I have end links that fit....

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
My favorite sub is definitely my grail, although it only gets wrist time once or twice a week.

Runner up is my TT Sub, which I built from the ground up. It really is an awesome watch and every time I wear this it moves further up the favorite scale.

Got a Bond sub 3-6-9 in the works. Will be interesting to see where that falls once complete.

1 - 20 of 3197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.