WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

3161 - 3180 of 4717 Posts

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
When I was looking for this one, the Sea Hunter used to come up a lot when I did my searches. I noticed that there are 2 styles of hands so there is a choice for you in that area.
There seems to be so many Sea Hunters out there for sale between watchrecon and the bay that I would say don't rush, take your time until one in good condition comes up.
Thanks for the tip. Ya, there have been a bunch of recent transactions on the Sea Hunter recently, so it looks like I'll be able to bide my time. I also tried on a vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf at WindUp last weekend, that one wore very well also, but those seem to sell for more.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Well thanks a bunch Redzebra! I had never stumbled upon Caravelle Sea Hunters, so I had to look on Google images didn’t I? Rather nice.

Off to the bay of E now to see what I can spend the grocery money on. Ho hum

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yeah, it’s fun and an interesting depth rating. One wonders how they came to that figure. 200 meters is 656.21, so what is the extra ten feet about

I think taking a little time might be the key here. Prices are all over the place and don’t always reflect condition. Anyway it’s now on my watchrecon list

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Yeah, it’s fun and an interesting depth rating. One wonders how they came to that figure. 200 meters is 656.21, so what is the extra ten feet about

I think taking a little time might be the key here. Prices are all over the place and don’t always reflect condition. Anyway it’s now on my watchrecon list
The Devil’s Cut, of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Oh man, I just replied to a PM from @skunkworks telling him you are the one most likely to know as you might have taken one apart to cerakote it... then I come here and see your reply... he must think were' playing some sort of game.

Brother @skunkworks: the only TC from which I've removed the bezel to send to Randy for a cerakote was a 5517. I don't remember what I did to do so but I do remember it was not a very good job as it got slightly bent and I had to hammer it back into shape but it never went back to its original shape.
I haven’t pulled a bezel from the V2 version. And I knew you had. The bezel is so easy to bend. Dome of Williams watches use a wire retainer system and some don’t. If the V2 uses a wire, I’d try the razor blade method and try to be extremely careful not to bend the bezel.
I guess I have to ask, why do you want to remove it? Did I miss something?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I just wanted to take it off for a little aging. I can always pop the crystal and take it off the Invicta way, just was wondering if anyone knew ahead of time. Not a big deal. I appreciate the responses, thanks!
I haven’t pulled a bezel from the V2 version. And I knew you had. The bezel is so easy to bend. Dome of Williams watches use a wire retainer system and some don’t. If the V2 uses a wire, I’d try the razor blade method and try to be extremely careful not to bend the bezel.
I guess I have to ask, why do you want to remove it? Did I miss something?

Instagram: skunkworkswatches

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The Devil’s Cut, of course!

Well if you find yourself 200 meters down and are not a very well qualified professional diver, the Devil is probably the next guy you will be speaking to

I’m qualified to a huge 12 meters :)

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
My thinking depth is greater than my diving depth, but then my diving is only shower deep.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Wednesday here too. So, whatever ...

IMG_8069-01.jpeg

3161 - 3180 of 4717 Posts