WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 3269 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BSHT Part 28.

On Monday, July 9th, 2018, in Part 27, Brother Rhory (Rhorya) Commander, USN, retired, wrote the following:

"Carolina watch ordered. Have to grab a NATO. Camilo is on my mind and in my prayers for strength and peace.

Having served in the US Merchant Marines and the US Navy as back to back careers from 1976 to 2004, I've been in some rough seas. And the one thing you count on when you are seeking refuge from a storm on the leeward side of any landfall is that your anchor has a good strong bite and is dug in good. This Brotherhood symbol of the anchor is fitting at this time of troubled waters. While the storm rages we hold steadfast with the strength of the BSHT anchor.

That will be all, carry on with the orders of the day.

Commander, USN, retired."

And with that simple, touching, yet profound statement, that also, IMHO, perfectly describes this place, I would like to officially launch BSHT Part 28.

And as always, let's continue to keep this place the friendliest, safest, and most special corner of the interwebs in the world. Keep showing us your Submariner homages, as well as all the other great watches that tickle your fancy. Leather, steel, and nylon adorned are always welcome. And don't forget to including the occasional irreverent posts and stories.

And above all, Don't be a Dick!

Live Long and Prosper...

and Long Live the BSHT!.

And now for all the fine print, brought to you by our in-house legal counsel, Saturnine."

BSHT Disclaimer of Liability.

By reading and/or posting in this thread, you are implicitly agreeing to the following terms:

"I, the reader, fully understand and acknowledge that there are risks and dangers associated with participation in the BSHT watch exhibitionism and tomfoolery which could result in nausea, profuse sweating, severe dizziness, wrist rashes, wrist hair removal, wrist voyeurism, falling over backwards, intoxicated ebay purchases, changes in sexual ability, difficulty urinating, widened pupils, vision changes (such as seeing rainbows or auras around watches), fits of uncontrollable laughter while at work, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, constipation, extreme mood swings, dry mouth, bankruptcy, dismemberment, paralysis and death. There may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. The social and economic losses and/or damages to me, my family and others, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe..

By reading the posts of the Brotherhood, I fully assume the dangers and risks, and agree to use my best judgment while engaging in forum activities. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasee, including, but not limited to, post author, the author's family and estate, the Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (BSH), its members individually and its officers, agents and volunteers and employees (hereafter, collectively referred to as the "Brominati").

I hereby certify that I am of legal age and competent to execute this Waiver and Assumption of Risk, that in doing so of my own free will and accord, voluntarily and without duress imposed by Lifetrekker, and that I do so intending to bind myself, my executor, my heirs, and Justadad to the fullest extent."

Here are the links to the previous threads:

Best Submariner Homage?

Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 3)

Best Submariner Homage (part 4)

Best Submariner Homage (part 5)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 6)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 7)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 8)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 9)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part X)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 11)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 12)

Part 13 - Deleted for tomfoolery perpetrated by an unknown (cough... Justadad) assailant.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 14)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 15)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 16)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 17)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 18)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 19)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part XX)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 21) - It was hit by a 4th of July aerial shell and presumed destroyed. But someone found it laying in their yard and returned it. And surprise, surprise, it still works.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 22)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 23)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 24)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 25)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 26)

.The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 27)

Here is the link to a BSHT Subsidiary Thread:

The Best BSHT Submariner Thread 'TBBST'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy smokes 28!

Sent from my magic brick - instagram.com/a_watch_nerd
I know, right. We're quickly approaching 30. Maybe it's time we grow up and start acting like adults.

Nah.

Oh, and here's a watch.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
BSHT Part 28.

On Monday, July 9th, 2018, in Part 27, Brother Rhory (Rhorya) Commander, USN, retired, wrote the following:

"Carolina watch ordered. Have to grab a NATO. Camilo is on my mind and in my prayers for strength and peace.

Having served in the US Merchant Marines and the US Navy as back to back careers from 1976 to 2004, I've been in some rough seas. And the one thing you count on when you are seeking refuge from a storm on the leeward side of any landfall is that your anchor has a good strong bite and is dug in good. This Brotherhood symbol of the anchor is fitting at this time of troubled waters. While the storm rages we hold steadfast with the strength of the BSHT anchor.

And with that simple, touching, yet profound statement, that also, IMHO, perfectly describes this place, I would like to officially launch BSHT Part 28.
Great way to start part 28.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Made the jump of course. This place has completely replaced my social interaction from other arenas. Watches, whisk(e)y, cigars, coffee, pens, art, books, what else could you ask for? On top of having a brotherhood that showed just what it is truly capable of when one of their own goes through hell. You guys are incredible and here's to #28. Here we go.

I believe this is a good picture to start off with gents.

IG @porterrrrrr

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
BSHT Part 28.

Absolutely brilliant introduction to BSHT Part 28
Thank you :)

And a watch - on leather for Rabbit :)

Analog watch Watch White Black Photograph

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nice to see that still somebody in the US uses stick shift. VW or Audi?
It's a Mazda3 2.5, but from the interior you'd swear it was an A4. When I decided to test drive it and got in it surprised me thoroughly! I've been impressed every day since I got it at how well it's put together. Leather this, soft-touch that, and nary a squeak or rattle to be heard.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice to see that still somebody in the US uses stick shift. VW or Audi?
I drive a stick too.

And so does my wife. Very well, in fact.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It's a Mazda3 2.5, but from the interior you'd swear it was an A4. When I decided to test drive it and got in it surprised me thoroughly! I've been impressed every day since I got it at how well it's put together. Leather this, soft-touch that, and nary a squeak or rattle to be heard.
Nice! Great looking cars. Looked at the Mazda6 with stick myself.

Since I went too long without posting a watch pic, here is my weekend watch. No Sub though.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I drive a stick too.

And so does my wife. Very well, in fact.

I find it's more common in places with snow. Almost like the mountain roads and powder bring out our inner rally driver fantasies or something. My inner circle of friends all drive stick as well. Seeing my buddy rip his 500 Abarth with snow chains is a hoot!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks for sharing Justa. I am partial to Kandinsky also. Mostly for his work as of 1920.

For a long time I have been intrigued by how the edges of certain elements can define other elements.
Here's my interpretation of that noting that some of the darker colors didn't come through as they truly are, and appear as black in the below.

View attachment 13407017
Your guys and your fancy watercolors and interpretations of your feels...

This traced lunchbox note comprises the entirety of my artistic talent.

"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist. It is by the ideal that we live." ~Victor Hugo

1 - 20 of 3269 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.