WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 3396 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BSHT Part 29.

Lately I have been opening the new segments of the BSHT with quotes from the previous segment that I think best reflect the spirit of this place. This is another one of those times.

Also, as you may recall, I used a quote from Brother Rhory (Rhorya) to open Part 28, and it is another of his posts that I use to open Part 29. Why? Because he said it so well.

"Happy Sunday to the Brotherhood!

We live in interesting times. It's fascinating that in this one little corner of the multi-faceted "diamond in the rough" world we can find a common interest and create friendships and get to know complete strangers over something as trivial as a watch.

In the course of my small time I've spent here I've made some friends, bought more watches, learned about a variety of other interests such as whiskey and beer, pens, books, shaving utensils, and have seen complete strangers unite to help a fallen shipmate down on his luck. We've shared in the mournful loss of another members dearly beloved spouse who inspired the creation of a tribute watch which is to be named Carolina in her honor.

It is refreshing that a bunch of humans from all walks of life can live easily and gently with each other over a common interest of a watch through which a bond of brotherly friendship develops.

It is this safe haven of sanity, humor, humility, inspiration, knowledge, and compassion that makes this little forum special, but not unto itself but through the people who are in it. I salute you and am grateful to be in such company.

My son left yesterday to rejoin his Navy unit and get ready for his upcoming deployment, so I am little melancholy. I'm not looking for any platitudes but rather wish to have y'all know how much I appreciate the BSHT!

That will be all! Carry on." - Brother Rhorya

I also found this quote from Brother ConSeanery quite fitting, and also rather humorous.

"I come here for fun, watches and Brotherhood. So remember, only you can prevent forum fires." - ConSeanery

In other words, "Don't be a dick."

And now for all the fine print, brought to you by our in-house legal counsel, Brother Saturnine. Because what would the launch of a new BSHT be without all the legal mumbo jumbo, right?

BSHT Disclaimer of Liability.

By reading and/or posting in this thread, you are implicitly agreeing to the following terms:

"I, the reader, fully understand and acknowledge that there are risks and dangers associated with participation in the BSHT watch exhibitionism and tomfoolery which could result in nausea, profuse sweating, severe dizziness, wrist rashes, wrist hair removal, wrist voyeurism, falling over backwards, intoxicated ebay purchases, changes in sexual ability, difficulty urinating, widened pupils, vision changes (such as seeing rainbows or auras around watches), fits of uncontrollable laughter while at work, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, constipation, extreme mood swings, dry mouth, bankruptcy, dismemberment, paralysis and death. There may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. The social and economic losses and/or damages to me, my family and others, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe..

By reading the posts of the Brotherhood, I fully assume the dangers and risks, and agree to use my best judgment while engaging in forum activities. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasee, including, but not limited to, post author, the author's family and estate, the Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (BSH), its members individually and its officers, agents and volunteers and employees (hereafter, collectively referred to as the "Brominati").

I hereby certify that I am of legal age and competent to execute this Waiver and Assumption of Risk, that in doing so of my own free will and accord, voluntarily and without duress imposed by Lifetrekker, and that I do so intending to bind myself, my executor, my heirs, and Justadad to the fullest extent."

And with that, BSHT Part 29 is officially launched.

Live Long and Prosper...

And Long Live the BSHT!

Here are the links to the previous threads:

Best Submariner Homage?

Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 3)

Best Submariner Homage (part 4)

Best Submariner Homage (part 5)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 6)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 7)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 8)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 9)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part X)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 11)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 12)

Part 13 - Deleted for tomfoolery perpetrated by an unknown (cough... Justadad) assailant.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 14)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 15)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 16)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 17)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 18)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 19)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part XX)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 21) - It was hit by a 4th of July aerial shell and presumed destroyed. But someone found it laying in their yard and returned it. And surprise, surprise, it still works.

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 22)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 23)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 24)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 25)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 26)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 27)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 28)

Here is the link to a BSHT Subsidiary Thread:

The Best BSHT Submariner Thread 'TBBST'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello? Hello...?

Am I the first one here?

Strange.

My favorite pic of a Tudor Sub ever. Think it is from scubawatch.com
Yes. Yes you are. I'd say it's rather quiet here in the old BSHT this evening. Most of the day crew must have gone home already. I guess we'll just have to wait for the night crew to get here.

Great pic by the way!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Looks like I'm in early for this leap. Welcome as everyone makes the jump and welcome to any newcomers too.

Compliant? Not even close. Don't even care.

Still nope.

Sure. That'll do for now. That was my pre-thanksgiving dinner meditative sharpening session with a couple of my fave kitchen blades.

Oh. And this. Soon.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
FYI to the Admiralty -- The links pointing here in Part 28 aren't working. I had to navigate without maps or other useful tools. It was a harrowing minute and a half getting here.

First link:

Second link:

[EDIT: Link now fixed, thanks Aero!]

Now, in response to.....

Look'n good brother. And a very non-compliant watch for myself

Thanks for that....and I definitely see a 3, a 6, and a 9 in there so I think you're good.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Whatever today ...

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cairn Terrier?

Also, what kicks?

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
~Buddha
just a very special mutt. :)
the kicks, nike killshot 2.
btw, the diver... steinhart ocean one sub, my own Oporto version (snowflake hands)...

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
1 - 20 of 3396 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.