Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Links to the previous threads:

Best Submariner Homage?

Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 3)

Best Submariner Homage (part 4)

Best Submariner Homage (part 5)

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/best-submariner-homage-part-6-a-1789154.html

Unfourtunately there is no definitive Best of Submariner homage for everyone & so the BSHT threads have taken a life of their own & become more of a Submariner Homage Brotherhood Love fest thread. The Members of this thread are actually the Best of the Submariner Homage, not a Single watch.-- Mark Kiger
And remember, James Bond has not only worn a Submariner, he's been a Submariner.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Sadly he was a not-so-extraordinary gentleman also. Try as I might to forget that, I can't! It just hurts so much!!!
I guess a brutha has to pay the bills!!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
And in case any newcomers wander through, this thread is about watches resembling this:

(Ha! I beat Thach to it. Not only posting the first Kemmner of Part 7, but also one actually owned by Thach!)
They don't have to be that nice. And they don't have to be owned by thach. In fact, I don't think that's possible seeing as fullers is in possession of 50% of thach's collection right now!! They can totally be this:
You may have gotten thach's watch but I got your pose!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Patiently waiting on my new Davosa Ternos Professional arriving whilst deciding if I should stick it on a navy Nato straight away?

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a bracelet guy so I am biased, but if I am not mistaken Davosa has the same case/bracelet as my Squale (well now formerly my Squale) and it is quite good. I would give it a chance on the bracelet.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'll give it a few days to see how it is. It all depends on the fit & feel I suppose.
I will order a nice brown leather strap for it though. Not sure the Bond nato will suit it with the blue face & bezel

Holy cow. That's a good looking watch.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Mine should hopefully be here by Tuesday, I honestly can't wait.

How is it? How is the bracelet and what's the size of it like on the wrist?

It's very well made, excellent fit and finish and drop dead gorgeous IRL, the only downside ATM is the bezel is a little tight. The bracelet is pretty typical for this price class, nothing particularly special about it but certainly not a detriment to the overall package. My wrist is 7.5" to 7.75", and the size fits me perfectly, I've been missing a nice 42mm homage since I sold my Steinhart Ocean Red awhile back.

Edit: I see now that you bought a blue as well, to my eye the blue isn't as bright or blue as you will see in pics, it's more of a teal-ish blue, kind of washed out, and looks dark grayish in low/non natural light.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's very well made, excellent fit and finish and drop dead gorgeous IRL, the only downside ATM is the bezel is a little tight. The bracelet is pretty typical for this price class, nothing particularly special about it but certainly not a detriment to the overall package. My wrist is 7.5" to 7.75", and the size fits me perfectly, I've been missing a nice 42mm homage since I sold my Steinhart Ocean Red awhile back.

Edit: I see now that you bought a blue as well, to my eye the blue isn't as bright or blue as you will see in pics, it's more of a teal-ish blue, kind of washed out, and looks dark grayish in low/non natural light.
I had a steinhart O1B last year but I didn't like the 22mm bracelet, it felt too wide and chunky. I hope the bracelet is fine as is but I have a few nato and leather options ready if need be.

Thanks for your thoughts. Will post pictures when it arrives.

1 - 20 of 3095 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.