1 - 20 of 3164 Posts

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to thank username Don Logan and his attorneys for agreeing to a temporary lift on my BSHT ban. I know now that it is frowned upon to purchase some of the rarest submariner homages and then constantly post the best photos of said homages. It has also been made clear to me that asking if anyone else in the brotherhood also owned one of my previously mentioned super rare homages may be misconstrued as being an jackhole. With this in mind, I will keep my fantastic photographs to a minimum. I have also been politely informed that I, in fact, do not need to try on every single seemingly awesome homage out there. So my flipping ways should be curtailed from here on in.

Also of note, I realize now that political views are nothing to be made light of. Although the irony is not lost on me that as the embargo between Cuba and the U.S. maybe slowly fading into history, a Marxist has temporarily loosened his stranglehold on my American membership to the brotherhood.

Thank you all. These are my words and thoughts and not a cut/paste that Don Logan and his attorneys emailed me. I should have learned my lesson from having missed chapter 7 in its entirety, but time will tell.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The real #BigCrownThursday action is happening over in (Part 8). So what are you waiting for? Get your big crowns over there!

Oh, and BasilofBakerStreet. Congrats on winning the contest. I hope you really enjoy that vintage wood. b-)
Thanks. I'm thinking of giving it to the lady so I can fill her box. Unless she doesn't want it. Then I have an excuse to buy more watches.

#BigCrownThursday

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I got my hands on a pre-release Cincinnati Strap Works nato. I must say that I'm very impressed.

My biggest complaints with new Natos is that they are too stiff (TNWSS). It will push the watch off your wrist, and wears uncomfortably. This one is really well made but feels like it's been broken in for me.

It fits my 7-7.25" wrist perfectly with 5 holes to spare. Total strap length is 11".

Nice straps Zachste!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I got my hands on a pre-release Cincinnati Strap Works nato. I must say that I'm very impressed.

My biggest complaints with new Natos is that they are too stiff (TNWSS). It will push the watch off your wrist, and wears uncomfortably. This one is really well made but feels like it's been broken in for me.

It fits my 7-7.25" wrist perfectly with 5 holes to spare. Total strap length is 11".

Nice straps Zachste!

Thanks for the positive words John!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I'm thinking of giving it to the lady so I can fill her box. Unless she doesn't want it.
Um.......pics or it didn't happen?!?!?

Nice straps Zachste!

An 11" strap is impressive no matter what city it comes from!!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Harkening back to the roots of the Sub Brotherhood aka BSHT, I'm going to post up a little questionnaire. Please copy and fill in the blanks. This can be very beneficial for people looking to pick up a new Sub. I'm trying to cover the whole spectrum of affordable Subs.

What do you consider:
1) best Sub under $100?
2) best Sub under $200?
3) best Sub under $300?
4) best Sub under $500?
6) best Sub under $1000?
7) best Sub under $1500?
8) best Milsub?
9) best Big Crown?
10) favorite sub you own and why?
11) grail Sub from that company who makes the real deal Submariner?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hardening back to the roots of the Sub Brotherhood aka BSHT, I'm going to post up a little questionnaire. Please copy and fill in the blanks. This can be very beneficial for people looking to pick up a new Sub. I'm trying to cover the whole spectrum of affordable Subs.

What do you consider:
1) best Sub under $100?
2) best Sub under $200?
3) best Sub under $300?
4) best Sub under $500?
6) best Sub under $1000?
7) best Sub under $1500?
8) best Milsub?
9) best Big Crown?
10) favorite sub you own and why?
11) grail Sub from that company who makes the real deal Submariner?
This is a great idea getting back to the roots Jon, I will have to do some research again as I haven't thought about this for a while! A good exercise.

Also will someone please pick up the red phone and call Don? It seems we have had a security breach.......

·
Registered
942 Posts
It's been almost a whole month of just these two, can't remember when I did that last.

The Type 2 handles jungle gym duty. From there it's the World 40mm Champion of Submariner 6200 Homages, the Nassau 3-6-9 MKII.

-Don Logan
You just had to throw in that little c*ck tease peak of the Moby Vantage didn't you? You evil horrible man. A pox on thee......

Good to see you back.

My non sub big crown Thursday

And to keep things on topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
What do you consider:
1) best Sub under $100? Tiger Concepts big crown. It has the look, it has the feel, it has its flaws, and it can be had second hand for under $100. They're easy to modify too.

2) best Sub under $200? Invicta 8926. Why $200 when they frequently go on sale for $79? First, they perform above and beyond their price point. Second, they can be modified however you want for less than $200 total.

3) best Sub under $300? Ticino Sea Viper. Miyota 9015, great wrist pretense, and that new dial is absolutely killer.

4) best Sub under $500? Raven Vintage, 40mm. These can be found second hand ranging from $350 (amazing deal) to $550. Some even have an ETA 2824, but most have the miyota 9015. Great looks. Timeless style, and that acrylic crystal!

6) best Sub under $1000? Kiger MILSUB gen1 or gen2. ETA movements, exclusivity, beautiful design cues, and a philosophical guru at the helm of the brand.

7) best Sub under $1500? MKII 3-6-9 Nassau. ETA movements, Bill Yao attention to detail, the drop down curve on those lugs, blackout 4:30 date (saying a lot since I hate date dials), and that beautiful 3-6-9 dial.

8) best Milsub? Steinhart OVM. Yes, it's 42mm and that's larger than I will personally wear. I still cannot fault them for that because they made an absolutely beautiful and modern interpretation of the Milsub. It's affordable, it has an eta movement, and it hits the design cues. I would imagine it can take beating too.

9) best Big Crown? MKII Kingston. It's all about the gilt, baby. You won't see anything else like it.

Runner Up: Don Logan's original Raven Big Crown 8mm. Very few were made, but this thing is stunning. Don's a lucky man.

10) favorite sub you own and why? I'm going to have to list 2. They're each so different.
Nautilus 6205 homage. I built this one myself. It has a true gilt dial. A labor of love, and no one else has anything that looks quite like it.

Kiger MILSUB SS006. C'mon... 8.2mm crown, drilled lugs, eta movement, sapphire crystal, and a stealth printed dial. Add on top that mine is 006 of 008 in existence? I'm calling it done!

11) grail Sub from that company who makes the real deal Submariner? This is a tough call picking one Submariner to rule them all. That's also the beauty of the Submariner. Evolution over time spanning 60+ years of variety with something for everyone. If I had to pick one? I think I would go with the first Sub. The Rolex Submariner Ref. 6204/6205.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 3164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.