WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3019 Posts

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should we do another one? Who cares? We're doing it anyway! Can't stop that Subluvin' 'round here. #BSHTtidalWave #BringIt

Here's my Sub ready for Fall on my new Gunny Strap. #SweetStrap #FrancoStyle #NoFilter

Links to the previous threads:

Best Submariner Homage?

Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 3)

Best Submariner Homage (part 4)

Best Submariner Homage (part 5)

Best Submariner Homage (Part 6)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 7)

The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 8)

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/brotherhood-submariner-homages-k-bsht-part-9-a-2223618.html

And the
Repository of BSHT compiled by Imitrex.

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fall is here, and even though the Sun still shines hot in North Texas, I'm in the mood for leather. Just received my first Gunny Strap from Peter. This is a fine piece of skin, people. Soft, tapered, broken in, and well padded with just the right amount of distressing. They ain't cheap, but so far very worth it. Thanks, Peter! (Have fun with all that you BSHT'ers.)

Brushed my case back too.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Fall is here, and even though the Sun still shines hot in North Texas, I'm in the mood for leather. Just received my first Gunny Strap from Peter. This is a fine piece of skin, people. Soft, tapered, broken in, and well padded with just the right amount of distressing. They ain't cheap, but so far very worth it. Thanks, Peter! (Have fun with all that you BSHT'ers.)

Brushed my case back too.

That combo is SWEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well might as well pop in for part 10. Spent some time grinding these SELs down. Started out as generic datejust 2 Jubilee, thought it would look nice with the kemmner. Ended up putting a fair amount of scratches on the lugs and a couple on the crystal (HOW). now it fits flush but because there aren't any flaps to hold the ends still, they both swing down with a little force. Waste of time? Definitely. Regrettable? Very. Looks good for photos? Actually not that bad. Now I gotta figure out how to secure the endlinks....

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Thanks D-Win! This is just a trial run. Although I do have my eye on one. I've been busy reading all the links you gave regarding the SM300. So much information to digest!

Wow, Thach - you move fast! Congrats on the Aqua Terra... or are you just borrowing one to try it on for size? Lookin' sharp, young man!

·
Registered
484 Posts

Parnis SubC case with Tiger dial and hands. The new dial's date window didn't line up with the movement's date, and then I accidentally broke the original movement's seconds stem off when modding....so I put in another DG 2813 inside, and this time the date lined up, but now the cyclops is misaligned. I popped the sapphire crystal out and applied heat to the cyclops (from a soldering iron and a butane torch) and NOTHING would get it off. These damn Parnis watches...can't get the ceramic bezel insert out and can't remove the cyclops. I just ordered a domed acrylic for this thing, so it's going to turn into some weird vintage modern Sub with modern case and ceramic insert, but with acrylic crystal and vintage style dial and hands. I will post pictures when I get it installed.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh man!! That's good!! I mean awful!!! Shortly after moving into our current house I noticed that a ground hog had dug under the foundation and taken up residence in the crawlspace!! A guy came and set a trap to capture him. You know what LOVES (and I mean ABSOLUTELY LOVES) apples? You guessed it! Skunks!! Pissed off trapped skunks under my house!! It was nausiating for months!!
I know it's cruel - but I laughed at this... Just the image of a hoard of angry, rampaging skunks in the crawl space under your house... I know it's cruel to laugh, but I just couldn't help it....

Elise? Exige?

Good British car that!
I thought Lotus was Korean now, don't Proton own them?

1 - 20 of 3019 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.