WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 3019 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Time for some Gigandet love before I say goodbye! I've been thinking about moving this one on for a while now... As much as I love it, now I've owned a couple of 40mm autos and as I'm wearing the Proto-Kiger all the time, I just can't see myself wearing it any time soon... 42mm with 22mm lugs with a Miyota 8215 - Time for the watch box clearout, but before she goes, I put forward the Gigandet G2-002 as being one of the best bang for buck modern homages...
Watch Black Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory
Black Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory
Still life photography Fashion accessory Watch Photography Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is it 3-6-9 day? I've been exploring recently;

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

My father bought this 1016 in 1970, and despite being 5 years old at the time I knew it was special. It's fresh from it's third service, and over the fortnight that I wore it, it lost 30 seconds. I can live with that.

There was some talk at the end of the last thread about a possible Explorer homage in the making. My two cents worth is that 40mm is too big for a case without a bezel. The original is 36mm and does seem a little small, (when you first put it on) but 38mm would be the sweetest spot. 38mm would also allow for a good homage to the watch I really wish Rolex would re-make, the 1019 Milgauss;

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Fashion accessory

As this is the BSHT, my 40mm frankenSteinhart;

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Dude.

Dude!

View attachment 5362826

My father bought this 1016 in 1970, and despite being 5 years old at the time I knew it was special. It's fresh from it's third service, and over the fortnight that I wore it, it lost 30 seconds. I can live with that.

There was some talk at the end of the last thread about a possible Explorer homage in the making. My two cents worth is that 40mm is too big for a case without a bezel. The original is 36mm and does seem a little small, (when you first put it on) but 38mm would be the sweetest spot. 38mm would also allow for a good homage to the watch I really wish Rolex would re-make, the 1019 Milgauss;

View attachment 5362874

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

View attachment 5362826

That 1016 is so damn sweet that I can't even get enough white girl evens to describe it.
I wish my father had done the same, but he was always more fond of the molded rubber strapped casio digitals...
I'm trying my best to right this ship.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

View attachment 5362826

View attachment 5362874

As this is the BSHT, my 40mm frankenSteinhart;

View attachment 5363042
Simply wonderful story and watch...

I completely agree that 40mm is too big for an explorer homage... 38mm is a good compromise so long as lug to lug doesn't get beyond 46-48mm with a slight down turned shape.

Wearing 36mm Zexplorer right now and we'll... it feels like it could use the extra 2 mil if you know what I mean ;-)

(TWSS)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I managed to scratch the sapphire in the very first day that I wear it outside after the mod complete. I hit it very hard to a metal part and the sound was perfect :) I am sure it would be shattered if it were mineral glass. I was planning to get a Steinhart to step-up but I am not sure after today. I should train myself about not hitting my watches around.

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Fashion accessory

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Great !

Just to confirm so other folks can benefit from it, you did not have to drill or do anything, right? Just the bars and snap on and go on !!!
Going full military spec today for #ZULUZUNDAY...

Topspec Marathon shoulderless springbars thanks to Thach and Goyoneuff for pointing me in the right direction.

Maratac 3 ring Zulu.

181 - 200 of 3019 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.