WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 3019 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Beautys, all three of them !!!

And that OVM 40mm IS they way it should had been, you reading this Steinhart???

Is it 3-6-9 day? I've been exploring recently;

View attachment 5362826

My father bought this 1016 in 1970, and despite being 5 years old at the time I knew it was special. It's fresh from it's third service, and over the fortnight that I wore it, it lost 30 seconds. I can live with that.

There was some talk at the end of the last thread about a possible Explorer homage in the making. My two cents worth is that 40mm is too big for a case without a bezel. The original is 36mm and does seem a little small, (when you first put it on) but 38mm would be the sweetest spot. 38mm would also allow for a good homage to the watch I really wish Rolex would re-make, the 1019 Milgauss;

View attachment 5362874

As this is the BSHT, my 40mm frankenSteinhart;

View attachment 5363042

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Great !

Just to confirm so other folks can benefit from it, you did not have to drill or do anything, right? Just the bars and snap on and go on !!!
Thach sent these on the Kemmner red when I snatched it from him. They fit the new Kemmner cases no drilling or anything needed.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I love the domed crystals on these, but aren't they really easy to scratch and crack?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
#369tues
No more broken indice, raffles order arrived yesterday so spent last night in my little cave.
Had to make a little adjustment during lunch at home as the dial was not aligned 100%. I was off by about .5mm, annoyed me all morning.
Knew I wouldn't have enough to time to get the bracelet back on as it always gives me issues so wearing leather for the first time.

Oh and William said the 9015 works on the 1016 case depending on the dial chosen, as the 9015 is thinner than the 8215/2813s (I would think any dial would work with a spacer). We'll see how long it takes for me to give in...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Uberyk - just to verify, that's a Raffles dial and a Tiger 1016 case? My sister-in-law wants a watch with the blue version of that dial - now I know what case it will work in. :)

Reactions: dan_bsht

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Milsub in progress.
Raffles dial, Tiger hands. Aged via an oven and some various materials (paints, sprays, organic oils) added to dial. (Not sure if I could repeat the process, it got rather convoluted.... :roll: )

The dial and hands before aging. Tiger V4 big crown sub case. (it's completely awesome, BTW...)

I like it! the texture is very close to what I was hoping, and the sheen (hard to photograph, doesn't show in these photos very well) is perfect.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Uberyk - just to verify, that's a Raffles dial and a Tiger 1016 case? My sister-in-law wants a watch with the blue version of that dial - now I know what case it will work in. :)
yep. the raffles dial is .5mm less in diameter than the ones that the tc cases come with so it does take a bit more work in lining up in the case.
You need to be a bit more gentle putting it back together as that slight size diff allows the dial to slide around a bit while positioning. Sometimes that ends up in broken indices/markers from rubbing against the case.
And you definitely need to use a retaining ring to hold things in place.
Unlike the 8926 which I've put together sans ring by mistake and never had issues.
I would probably order two dials. One as a backup.
Considering the price it would be worth it not to have to wait weeks if something went wrong.

201 - 220 of 3019 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.