WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Best Submariner Homage Thread decided to put together a watch which we could pass around amongst ourselves as it toured around the world.

If you've ever gone looking for a Sub homage, chances are you have gotten directed towards the ongoing thread created by Fullers1845 about what is the best homage to the Rolex Submariner. Its full of great advice on Sub homages spanning all price ranges from the $35 Bagelsport to the rare and elusive MKII Kingston and everything in between. Along with that there's a fair bit of shenanigans, leg pulling, and good old fashion humor.

What kind of Sub did we pick to pass around? We didn't. We picked a GMT. Don't think the irony is lost on us. May I present the BSHTGMT.

The BSHTGMT, and yes we know BSHT can be said as a word meaning "to joke around with words," is a Parnis ceramic GMT, custom dial with applied indicies, engraved case back, and a whopping .200m~.660ft water resistance all sitting on a Bond NATO.

If you want to follow along on Instagram, pictures will be under #bshtgmt .

First stop: Little Rock, Arkansas USA.

**UPDATE** Mark Kiger of Kiger MILSUBs has graciously offered to send a Big Crown Sub along with the BSHTGMT.

Stealth MILSUB #004 will be going along with the GMT to see the world. Mark is sending #004 out as a nod to the four points of the compass.

The Stealth MILSUB takes its inspiration from the classic Rolex 6538 Submariner and a rare Rolex Submariner prototype. It's an amazing watch and welcome addition to the tour.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the Cabot, AR post office. This is where the magic happens. In the pouring rain on a Saturday to pick up a new arrival.

Sent via my mobile

·
Vendor
28,079 Posts
So much win.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Second update is a quick stop in Jacksonville, AR for a cup of Cassi Ciello. Its my favorite blend from Starbucks, and its only available during winter.

I'll get some decent shots of downtown Little Rock and historical land marks this week. You know, something a little more exciting.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the BSHTGMT with its grandpa, the Bakelite GMT.

Ceramic vs Bakelite
Sapphire vs Plexi
40mm vs 38mm
Thick, solid lugs vs thin, drilled lugs

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! What's the story on the custom dial? And what movement? Details, man!
The dial was printed by Fmadrid. I applied the indicies courtesy of a dial donated by Imitrex. Paullyjay donated the case (Parnis) and movement (dg3804b). I assembled and had the engraving done. Truely a group effort.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well, the BSHTGMT World Tour has just taken an interesting turn. Mark Kiger of Kiger MILSUBs has graciously agreed to send his Stealth MILSUB #004 on tour with the BSHTGMT.

It's quite a unique interpretation on the classic Rolex 6538 Sub inspired by a unique Rolex prototype. Check out the stealth printing only visible in the right lighting.

Here's mine:

Thanks Mark. Very cool of you to send a Sub along for the tour.

Paullyjay, you don't get to keep this one at the end.

Sent via my mobile

1 - 20 of 434 Posts