WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
4 Kiger Stealths?!?! (The fifth belongs to you I can tell by the position of the crown :-D)

Edit: At first I couldn't imagine myself wearing two watches simultaneously one on each wrist.... I may have to rethink that now.
They're going with me to the Dallas Get Together.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
This just gets better and better. I never need to wait more than 24 hrs to be reminded about why BSHT is he reason I actually joined instead of just browsing around as I did for years.

I abstained from the tour (even though I DID throw my name in the hat originally, I'm good...no hard feelings...I'm too lazy to look up the post anyway) because the GMT love has already blessed me in several ways. But now, I see that I can live vicariously through others in previously unforeseen dimensions of SUBlimeness. This is going to be fun.

GMT pic "just for its own sake"...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well, the BSHTGMT World Tour has just taken an interesting turn. Mark Kiger of Kiger MILSUBs has graciously agreed to send his Stealth MILSUB #004 on tour with the BSHTGMT.

Paullyjay, you don't get to keep this one at the end.

Sent via my mobile
Mark - Very cool!! I will Actually get to wear one of your lovely Milsubs now (seeing as a house purchase means I'll not be able to afford one for the foreseeable future!!)

Also very cool particularly as synaptyx dreamt up the world tour idea in part to share the Parnis GMT with everybody... Now we all get to experience a Kiger too!

And Dammit Jelli - you beat me to the punch-line... I already know I want to keep the Kiger... **sigh** Oh well... I have about a year to come to terms with having to send it back!:-(

This BSH World Tour is certainly looking like it's going to be be an epic thread!

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Very very cool Mark. In addition I'm really pumped at the chance to try on a Kiger when the watches make their way up to Canada.

We can't forget a great thank-you to Aaron/synaptyx who started this whole thing last year by offering to send his Parnis GMT around on a World Tour. Its first stop was to me but unfortunately the movement died during my vacation to Florida.

IMG_9812.jpg by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_9811.jpg by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

It did look great in the sun and on that Bond NATO.

To think, when I joined this forum I didn't "get" the whole Submariner thing. Now I'm a little addicted too (plus the thread is just a great place to hang out).

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm just wondering, when one receives the watch, do they set the time to their own time zone? How about the gmt hand? 😁

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk
I have the GMT hand set o my own time zone matching my hour hand. The bezel is adjusted to match up with Paullyjay in the UK; the watch's final home.

Someone could go crazy and set 3 time zones. This has an independent gmt hand.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So I finally took the BSHTGMT out on the town. Of course today would he the day that it would start snowing.

Downtown Little Rock

Historic Capitol Hotel

River Market Amphitheater

Old State House

Canon on Old State House lawn

Walking bridge over the Arkansas River

Panoramic shot of the Arkansas River

I wanted to get a couple more shots, but dang Southerners can't drive in winter weather I watch 3 wrecks happen on the measly 1" of snow.

I'll get a few more tomorrow.

Sent via my mobile

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Hanging out by the office water cooler, drinking from my "I Love Jim" mug, and puttin' out the vibe.

Sent via my mobile

Attachments

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 434 Posts