WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been pretty quiet lately. I have my tracking number, and can only assume how crazy things will be getting in the next few days/weeks. :roll:

Happy Waiting!! b-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm glad to hear things are nor normally this quiet. I joined recently and was afraid all the cool people were at a different Doxa forum I hadn't been invited too.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm looking forward to everyone getting their 5000T. I was wearing mine today and had a hard time stopping looking at it. checked it in room lighting, outside, in the bathroom, in the mall........... sad really :)

Pete

·
Registered
413 Posts
Waiting as well, hopefully the lume is as great as we expect. Any thoughts of the lume compared to the Planet Ocean?:-!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It's tough NOT being part of the 5000T rush. I'm holding out for a Caribbean Jenny Tribute 5000T with a Stainless Jenny Logo on the Dial or just a Caribbean. I've got two Pros a Divingstar and a Searambler, I need some Blue.

Joe

PS Even though I like them all, we can't all be Jason.:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah, got the email last night with tracking number...but the weekend will get in the way. Oh well, something to look forward to next week.

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
It's tough NOT being part of the 5000T rush.
Joe, I know how you feel. I'm feeling a bit left out of the 5KT hoop-la as well. I have several more 750Ts that I need to add, plus I'm waiting for a T-Graph w/ underwater pushers.:)

It's awesome seeing everybody get excited, but I'm afraid that the Seaconqueror just isn't for me.:-(

·
Registered
364 Posts
Joe, I know how you feel. I'm feeling a bit left out of the 5KT hoop-la as well. I have several more 750Ts that I need to add, plus I'm waiting for a T-Graph w/ underwater pushers.:)

It's awesome seeing everybody get excited, but I'm afraid that the Seaconqueror just isn't for me.:-(
Ty - I don't quite recall why the 5000T isn't for you? I reacted to it the way I did the first time to the 600 and 750 Pro (didn't like them) but it grew on me very quickly. Just curious what is turning you off from them.

At least you've got some Carribbean blue and sunburst silver to keep your wrist warm. :-!

Cheers,

Avi

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
You guys are lucky......I'm STILL waiting for a picture of the new T-graph!!

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Ty - I don't quite recall why the 5000T isn't for you?
I'm passing for several reasons, but the biggest killer for me are the stainless hands. I don't like the way they perform underwater. Their legibility is dependent on light angles and light penetration at depth, which makes them appear black the majority of the time. The only time that they appear bright, are when you're super shallow and catch the sun at just the right angle. This may be marginally OK on an orange dial, but really, really bad on a black dial (Sharkhunter). Regardless, I don't like the hands on my dive watch changing colors.

I used to run into this all the time with my Sea-Dweller. Although it was a PITA, I dealt with it. Then I bought my 750 Caribbean. Man, what a difference painted hands made....I was sold.|>

Then, just for kicks...I dove my LV Submariner back in the summer. It was so aggravating that I took it off, switched back to the DOXA and swore never again would I dive a shiny handed watch. Shiny hands.....all show...no go.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm passing for several reasons, but the biggest killer for me are the stainless hands. I don't like the way they perform underwater. Their legibility is dependent on light angles and light penetration at depth, which makes them appear black the majority of the time. The only time that they appear bright, are when you're super shallow and catch the sun at just the right angle. This may be marginally OK on an orange dial, but really, really bad on a black dial (Sharkhunter). Regardless, I don't like the hands on my dive watch changing colors.

I used to run into this all the time with my Sea-Dweller. Although it was a PITA, I dealt with it. Then I bought my 750 Caribbean. Man, what a difference painted hands made....I was sold.|>

Then, just for kicks...I dove my LV Submariner back in the summer. It was so aggravating that I took it off, switched back to the DOXA and swore never again would I dive a shiny handed watch. Shiny hands.....all show...no go.
Interesting point! Not sure if Doxa will weigh in on this one, but mine is due to arrive on Monday the 17th. On almost all of my dives, including daytime / high viz. dives, I've never had a problem reading my bottom time on my Professional. I'll definitely get it in the water ASAP and report back on its performance, and if possible sneak in some wrist shots.

I know you're also curious about the ratcheting clasp, so I'll make sure to check that for you. I'm so used to my 750, it'll be exciting to try a new watch again.

Cheers,

Avi

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Interesting point! Not sure if Doxa will weigh in on this one, but mine is due to arrive on Monday the 17th. On almost all of my dives, including daytime / high viz. dives, I've never had a problem reading my bottom time on my Professional. I'll definitely get it in the water ASAP and report back on its performance, and if possible sneak in some wrist shots.

I know you're also curious about the ratcheting clasp, so I'll make sure to check that for you. I'm so used to my 750, it'll be exciting to try a new watch again.

Cheers,

Avi
You'll probably be OK with your new 5KT Pro, but I'm still curious as to what you think overall of the stainless hands.

A real word dive test of the ratcheting clasp will be cool too. I'll stand-by for a full report.|>

·
Registered
364 Posts
You'll probably be OK with your new 5KT Pro, but I'm still curious as to what you think overall of the stainless hands.

A real word dive test of the ratcheting clasp will be cool too. I'll stand-by for a full report.|>
Now that you mention it, my Tag Heuer Link has stainless steel hands, and they're not always easy to read (although that might be because of a busy dial with chronograph functions). I'll let you know as soon as I get it. In the meantime, enjoy your Rambler and the deep blue Carribs. :-!

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
In the meantime, enjoy your Rambler and the deep blue Carribs. :-!
Thanks Avi, I'm really enjoying the Searambler.:)

Even if DOXA never produces another Sub that I like, there's still plenty to find and collect. In the 750T series there are 15 variants. In the 600T series, there are 4 variants and in the 300T Reissue series, there are 4 variants. Add them all up, and it gives one 23 Reissue Subs to collect. That would be one heck of a collection.:-!

·
14,594 Posts
Thanks Avi, I'm really enjoying the Searambler.:)

Even if DOXA never produces another Sub that I like, there's still plenty to find and collect. In the 750T series there are 15 variants. In the 600T series, there are 4 variants and in the 300T Reissue series, there are 4 variants. Add them all up, and it gives one 22 Reissue Subs to collect. That would be one heck of a collection.:-!

Interesting that you mention all that. My last several purchases have been in the earlier reissue series. I now have all of the 300T reissues with the exception of that ever-elusive 300T reissue Divingstar. I guess that I will probably never own that oneo|o|

I agree though. There are many subs to collect out there, and I would imagine that there may be a variant of the 5000T that would be more appealing to your tastes in the future. Not to mention the 40th Anniversary 2-register T-Graph Pro. THAT watch is shaping up to be a real winner:-!:-!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts