WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new in this forum here and planing to get my first watch with a barometer function. And I found out the Casio Riseman which fits my budget. The Riseman has all the feature I need, tough, durable with twin sensor on it. But the question here is, is the watch reliable? I found out that the Riseman is quite an old model, so would hope to find out some opinion on anyone who have used or owned the watch before. I've check most of the review in amazon but the comments are quite mixed up and confusing. So I hope forumers here will be able to help me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have had mine since February, like all G Shocks I expect it to be reliable so that is not a concern that you need to worry about.
The Barometer has remained consistant when compared to my Protreks, weather apps and weather station at home.
Very clear contrast on screen, looks great on the wrist and not too oversize for its type. I am very pleased with mine.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
If you can live with the cosmetical shortcomings of the red altimeter button, the red AB circle (both IMO) and the way too short duration of the backlight (1 second only, that's a fact) then there is nothing wrong with it.

cheers

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Never read about any complaints so far. Looks like it's quite reliable. It might be an older model but AFAIK it was only discontinued last year. When you're lucky you might get one of those that were produced in Japan for a short while after the flood in Thailand had destroyed the Casio factory (however it's possible that those were only the GW models). Nothing wrong with the "Made in Thailand" models however. I sold my Rangeman but I still got my Riseman btw.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek, and to Digitals and ABC!

I don't think you need to worry about reliability.

As a Malaysian, I would worry more about whether it is too big for my wrist than anything else. ;)

Did you consider a Pro Trek? They're a little smaller and usually have more functionality and a less bulky style for similar money.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
yep.riseman wears very compact on wrist.most protreks are larger than riseman.

and by the way you can get casio prg 270 for almost same price as a riseman these days...it has version 3 sensors as well

·
Registered
532 Posts
The Riseman is a very light and small watch, it fits my wrist better than my Protrek PRW-1000J which is heavier

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love my Riseman, it's my lazy-day-vacation-mountainbiking-paragliding-action-watch :)
But I'd go for a GW 9200, with the atomic function and the solar (also on the G 9200) you'll never have to worry for the battery or that the time is wrong :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
my watch, and love it. but cal..45 is right about the light duration. too short

barometer and altimeter work fine if you know what to expect from them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the feedback guys. Yeah the short lighting duration is indeed really annoying. but because of it's function I am going to get one.

Protrek are good but I not sure about how well will it works on my application. I am a person who constantly hike and I need a watch that able to allow me to predict the weather changes. I've read somewhere that different altitude will affect the watch pressure reading. I not so sure about this because I am still new in ABC watches. But I feel that this will greatly affect the weather prediction. Do correct me if I am wrong. So because of this I am not willing to spend that much on the Protrek, just yet. (FYI the Riseman is only selling for RM500 here in Malaysia).

But because the Riseman is tough, and should be able to withstand the humid conditions of a tropical jungle, so I feel that the Riseman still fits my needs. Too bad the seller that I know sold off the last piece of the watch in their inventory :( I guess I have to continue to source elsewhere for one. Thank you very much for the feedback again guys :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts