WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes hand-in-hand with JohnF's post on the ETA/Valjoux 7750. (https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=215335&highlight=7750)

If you have a big enough screen, open up two windows and view them side-by-side. Works best that way.

Again this is an old one, operating at 3 Hz, the newer one work at the same speed as the ETA/Valjoux 7750. These movements are not quite as well made as the Seagulls, Hanzhous or DGs. The skimping shows, the material for the reset hammers is thinner than the originals and this one had been bent in two places to get it to contact the reset hearts correctly. The mirco adjuster on the balance cock has so much play in it it is unusable, and I wind up just moving the regulator directly.

Major differences (aside from the speed):

The pallet fork has banking pins instead of buttresses on the pallet cock.

The day detent is on a eccentric instead of a fixed pin (compare the 4th picture in both threads) this is to allow for centering the day in the dial window. The day dial is also retained by a little clip, whereas the ETA/Valjoux it just has a washer on top of it and the dial keeps it in place. The day dial is not interchangeable with the ETA/Valjoux.

The reverser wheel in the autowinder has the Shanghai five jewel clutch, not the two pawls as ETA prefers (making this a 30 jewel movement.) This particular example refuses all attempts to free the clutch up and the rotor spins when it is wound by hand (I cleaned it, oiled it, dry cleaned it to get all the oil out of it, cleaned it again...)

The chronograph second hand brake spring had a bad temper and took a set and had to bent back into shape.

Despite all its problems and poor workmanship, the movement works well keeps good time.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hello lysanderxiii,

Thank you for another great pictorial and movement disassembly.

Would you happen to know the movement calibre or name of the manufacturer? So it is 3hz (21,600bph), what is the jewel count? I'm just trying to figure out if this is one I may have seen before or an older version.

Thanks again,
gigfy

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know its origin, it came out of a Apogaum 300 buck Chronograph.

It is a 21,600 bph, 30 jewel movement.

The jewel layout is as follows:

The standard 17:

Balance staff bearings: 4
Impulse jewel: 1
Pallet pivot bearings: 2
Pallet entry and exit jewels: 2
Escape wheel pivot bearings: 2
4th wheel pivot bearings: 2
3rd wheel pivot bearings: 2
2nd (or off set center) wheel pivot bearings: 2

The autowinder (11):

1st reduction gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
2nd reduction gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
Reverser gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
Reverser gear clutch elements: 5 [2]

The chronograph mechanism (3):

Second counter rear pivot bearing: 1 [1]
Minute counter rear pivot bearing: 1 [1]
Minute counter transfer gear bearing (internal to the gear): 1 [1]

Note 1. These jewels are not present in the older 17 jewel Valjoux 7750s

Note 2. These are not present in any ETA/Valjoux 7750. This is the only variation from the standard 25 jewel layout

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lysandererxiii,

Thank You! for this Great Post!

I appreciate the time & effort you put into this post, which I am utilizing, to repair a ETA-7750.

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do not know its origin, it came out of a Apogaum 300 buck Chronograph.

It is a 21,600 bph, 30 jewel movement.

The jewel layout is as follows:

The standard 17:

Balance staff bearings: 4
Impulse jewel: 1
Pallet pivot bearings: 2
Pallet entry and exit jewels: 2
Escape wheel pivot bearings: 2
4th wheel pivot bearings: 2
3rd wheel pivot bearings: 2
2nd (or off set center) wheel pivot bearings: 2

The autowinder (11):

1st reduction gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
2nd reduction gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
Reverser gear pivot bearings: 2 [1]
Reverser gear clutch elements: 5 [2]

The chronograph mechanism (3):

Second counter rear pivot bearing: 1 [1]
Minute counter rear pivot bearing: 1 [1]
Minute counter transfer gear bearing (internal to the gear): 1 [1]

Note 1. These jewels are not present in the older 17 jewel Valjoux 7750s

Note 2. These are not present in any ETA/Valjoux 7750. This is the only variation from the standard 25 jewel layout
Hello
I need some help in choosing the right movement, I have been seeing alot of watches from China, and I need some expert to help me choose the best movement, could anyone advice? or anyone with knowledge in the Chinese market?
We can discuss it, and I realy need a help

Thanks

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hello
I need some help in choosing the right movement, I have been seeing alot of watches from China, and I need some expert to help me choose the best movement, could anyone advice? or anyone with knowledge in the Chinese market?
We can discuss it, and I realy need a help

Thanks
What kind of watch are you looking at; a simple three hander, a multi function one or a chronograph?
With a little more info about what you are looking for, we can be of much better help :)

And a big
to the WUS CMW forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Can you help me please?

This appears to be the exact movement that I have in a replica Daytona type watch with seconds @9

I am trying to repair it - it has a broken pallet fork. The top axis pin is broken - it was sheared off in an impact and I need to find a replacement. Dou you have any idea of where to point me to obtain a replacement pallet please? I just tried a genuine ETA pallet for a Valjoux 7750 but it does not fit - the stones would need to be retracted and other problems

Thank you in advance!

Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.

I´m new on the forum and i will like some help.

I`m looking for a aplce to buy an Asian 7750 movment with seconds at 12 that it will suit a Audemars Piguet Replica.

I hope i`m not breaking any forum rule by posting here.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Hello.

I´m new on the forum and i will like some help.

I`m looking for a aplce to buy an Asian 7750 movment with seconds at 12 that it will suit a Audemars Piguet Replica.

I hope i`m not breaking any forum rule by posting here.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you are breaking the rules. No replica discussions allowed.

Thanks, gigfy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts