WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a tale of 4 watches . . maybe more. Trying to find enough to make the perfect Restored Bullhead, then two!

The watches:
1. Pennsylvania: best of the lot. Its here, bought from a fellow gun guy off of Ebay. Keeping time . . for the most part. has an aftermarket band and the seconds hand is not the white factory one. It does have the original box. BTW . . . The band is on backwards.

2. Spain: Should be complete. has movement holder, aftermarket crystal. still waiting

3. Peru: don't know much about this one except its an aftermarket crown and missing the movement holder. Its the first one.

4. Vietnam: Parts: missing crown and movement holder

So, I bought a couple of Seiko 6138-0040/49s then saw the Citizen Bullhead and thought why not . . that looks cool!

Then came 31Jewels Restoration thread and several long conversations with him.

Then I bought my first Citizen 67-9356. From TM-Watches on EBay in Peru. But it is missing the movement holder. It doesn't have the factory crown. Dial not stellar.

Then the one from Spain came along. Ebay again. Pit appears to have the original crown and the movement holder. But has an obvious aftermarket crystal. It will be intersting to see what actually works.

Then I found the parts one from Vietnam. The price was right.

Then the grail . . .the one from Pennsylvania. Not perfect . . . but its working for the most part. The seconds hand and chrono hands do not reset to Zero. It keeps time while being worn. Loses two minutes over night. Has the original box.

The bracelet is on backward . . lol And its not the stock bracelet stock. But the dial and case are nice. It should be the best of the bunch. That was what was important.

What gets me is that NONE of the sellers, with the exception of the gentleman from Vietnam who is a member here on Watchuseek . . . have given me accurate information.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The box in the box

This is supposed to be the original box.

Can anyone verify this information?

This shows the band. And the face

The crown and pushers

The side

The case back

The band. Anyone notice something strange about the band?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Cool thread. Interested to see what happens here. Post pics of the other watches Spain Peru..ect. Lets get a look at the fleet. We need a visual of the options for the restore :)

Brian
"31"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts