WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you missed out on the recent AQ4091, sorry not sorry. I’m wearing it as I type this. The 4041 is no consolation prize, though. It’s an unbelievably great watch for someone who doesn’t wear XXL gloves, or have a similarly styled GS in their collection.

I’ve owned a Grand Seiko auto, and now a Spring Drive. I will always have a GS in my collection, but it won’t be a quartz. The Chronomasters are just too good for me to consider even the fantastic 9F. This IS GS finishing, and I’ll always have a Chronomaster too.

The polished and beveled hands are every bit as good as Grand Seiko’s version. Under a 10x loupe the second hand on the GS looks like a glass rod, while the Citizen looks like the flat metal that it is. That’s the only objective difference. The indices on the Chronomaster are wild. Under magnification you can see that they display 10 sides (two ends included). They absolutely sparkle in the light, and remain visible in all but total darkness.

The dial is the real star. It is the most interesting, vibrant blue I’ve ever seen at any price point. That includes the blue Washi dial on my wrist. I think there’s a hint of pearl in it, allowing it to go from deep ocean in low light to bright Carribean in sunlight. The construction is the same as the washi dials, with the indices, date frame, and logos affixed to a transparent disc. The “floating” markers coupled with the omission of any rehaut /chapter ring creates an undeniable sense of depth that is my favorite standout feature of the watch.

The movement is also world class. It’s a thermocompensated HEQ with more jewels than a 2892 movement. It’s accurate to 5 seconds per year, has an incredibly useful independently adjustable hour hand, and a perpetual calendar. It’s also an Eco Drive movement, so you won’t have to concern yourself with battery changes. It’s decorated with Tokyo (Geneva) stripes, and even has anglage.

Case and bracelet are titanium with Citizen’s super hard Duratect coating. It’s water resistant to 100m.

I was blown away by this watch from the moment I opened the box. It was an instant favorite and go-to in my collection, so it has been worn, and does display some marks- particularly desk diving marks on the clasp. Please refer to the photos for condition.

This is a full kit with all links (currently sized to about 7.5”) box and papers. It’s about a year and a half old.

The blue dial variants are available new for $2,500 plus import fees. The last one that hit the market was a white dial version at $2k. I’m offering this one for WITHDRAWN shipped CONUS. Fees if any on you. International considered at my discretion and your expense. TONS of feedback available.

Please no trade offers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts