WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice Movie actually. Anyway, thought it would be a little fun for the weekend to crack the picture code, no code actually, just Identify the watches in the picture and perhaps a valuation on each of time. Have fun!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Here's my humble secret code input... you need new batteries :-D :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts

You want the models named..... Here's my humble try:

Top row (Left to right): DW-004X-9JR, DW-002, possable RS version, DW-8300 Heavy Metal:-!, DW-5600C, possible the 9'er

Middle row: DW-6900H-9, DW-5600E-9JR, M.I.Y. Fisherman, I.C.E.R.C. Fisherman

Bottom row: I.C.E.R.C. Frogman DW-9900 type, Men In White Grey Frogman (DW-9900LG-8) and finally M.I.B. Froman Type I, DW-8200Z-1

Am I a bit warm? the DW-5600 is hard to guess, but t looks like a gold version, I only have the DW-6900 and the DW-8300.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
925 Posts
kpaxsg said:
Hi Ah wong, how much for the batteries input? S$5 each?
Actually, I'm not too sure about battery prices :-D . Most times, the watch batteries are replaced before I buy, especially the very old models or I go for Tough Solar :-! , no hassles |>

·
Banned
3,776 Posts
I'll try. From left to right,back to front:

DW-004X-9AT
DW-002 (Could be any model)
DW-8300-1V
DW-5600EG-9V
DW-6900H-9JF (Could be a few models)
DW-5600??
DW-8600YJ-9T
DW-8600K-XX
DW-8200WC-XXX DW-8250WC-XXX
DW-8200LG-8JR
DW-8200Z-1T

I could be wrong of course:)

All the best - OZZ

kpaxsg said:
Nice Movie actually. Anyway, thought it would be a little fun for the weekend to crack the picture code, no code actually, just Identify the watches in the picture and perhaps a valuation on each of time. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question pertaining the 2 I.C.E.R.G:

Are the bands suppose to be the colour that they are now orginally as appear in the picture or have they discolorised? It is possible in that case to change/replace the casing to that of black, if so where can one get the replacement bands?:think:

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
kpaxsg said:
Question pertaining the 2 I.C.E.R.G:

Are the bands suppose to be the colour that they are now orginally as appear in the picture or have they discolorised? It is possible in that case to change/replace the casing to that of black, if so where can one get the replacement bands?:think:
Hi Kpax, I think the bands have been 'colorized' due to aging. As in your photo, I have seen used ICERCs in the same condition, as well as most other translucent bands. The original color can be seen, if you check Sjors' data base ICERC ones. I think Angelo did replace his with black. Here is my used Polar model with the band in like-new condition!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T. Wong said:
Hi Kpax, I think the bands have been 'colorized' due to aging. As in your photo, I have seen used ICERCs in the same condition, as well as most other translucent bands. The original color can be seen, if you check Sjors' data base ICERC ones. I think Angelo did replace his with black. Here is my used Polar model with the band in like-new condition!
thanks for the input, i was thinking that after changing to a new traslucent, the same problem will appear few years down the road! so best just do a black changover totally....

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
versionpardner said:
I think I've finally committed to just giving up cleaning mine and dying it. I'll post some pics as soon as it's done and I find a cool color.
Bravo!!! we wait in great anticipation!:-!

·
Registered
50 Posts
ah... the leader of the pack...

m... will it be the g extreme in the box?

why i think so:

it's in a box.
and it have both main colors of the watches. which is yellow and black.

(can't relate the icerc and wccs though...)

ah, why your WCCS is in such a yellow color??? translucent Gs shud have just a light yellow smear after pro long use... but the WCCS is terible i see... tried the swimming pool way???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hi,

The battery change is S$10-S$15 at local casio service centre. At ordinary watch shop is S$8.

For a full service of a G-shock, its around S$40 which includes the restoration of the water resistivity.

When a watch gets old,the scews become old too and rust will form if its not stainless steel. The water resistivity will then be affected. I have checked this with a watch shop.

cheers~Sky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts