WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, at my AD they will not special order Datejust in the 41mm size for you, just 36mm and not in the new dial patterns. For the 41mm DJ then you just need to wait and see what your AD gets allocated from Rolex, then you also need to hope that the waitlist or line to get one is not too long. People want ANY Rolex these days and with the SS sports models in the most demand that is then creating a trickle down effect where the demand for Datejusts and precious metal models have been going up too. A 2 month wait for a DJ is not bad at all!

OP - congrats on your watch, it's a real beauty!
Wow, maybe I should have swung for the fences and picked it up while I was there...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the dark side! Don't forget to grab free cookies :)

And congrats on the watch. The 41 DJ is an absolute beauty.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes, at my AD they will not special order Datejust in the 41mm size for you, just 36mm and not in the new dial patterns. For the 41mm DJ then you just need to wait and see what your AD gets allocated from Rolex, then you also need to hope that the waitlist or line to get one is not too long. People want ANY Rolex these days and with the SS sports models in the most demand that is then creating a trickle down effect where the demand for Datejusts and precious metal models have been going up too. A 2 month wait for a DJ is not bad at all!

OP - congrats on your watch, it's a real beauty!
^^^ This.
I spoke to so many different ADs. Always the same response - they cannot order any model in 41mm and transaction has to be done in store. They will not ship the watch anywhere.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice! I'm typically not a real fan of white dials, but this is one of the few that I really like (SMP300 being another winner). Congratulations!
Yup. That SMP is a beautiful watch! Almost bought it too. But then other watches got in the way!
I have been on a light dial obsession lately. First the Nomos Tangente 41 update in white (which I am still waiting for), then the GS SBGA413, and now this! Just the Tudor ‘panda’ chrono to go and then I retire from collecting watches!

·
Registered
515 Posts
It’s beautiful and versatile.

Jim

Reactions: WizardofWatch

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Thanks sportura! And I got it for the retail price!! 😬😬😊😊
You bought retail? Youre a terrible person and everyone will know the dubious history of this watch.

I offer a "grey validation certificate service" whereby you send me the grey market markup and I send you a receipt from a grey dealer for the "correct market value". As luck would have it, im having a sale this weekend so I can verify your watch for a mere £2000.

Enjoy your new watch in good health (if you can live with the paperwork). That white dial is a cracker

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Looks great. I love the white dial.

Reactions: WizardofWatch

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You bought retail? Youre a terrible person and everyone will know the dubious history of this watch.

I offer a "grey validation certificate service" whereby you send me the grey market markup and I send you a receipt from a grey dealer for the "correct market value". As luck would have it, im having a sale this weekend so I can verify your watch for a mere £2000.

Enjoy your new watch in good health (if you can live with the paperwork). That white dial is a cracker
Haha. Thank you for the generous offer! But I think I will manage to survive without it! 😬

21 - 37 of 37 Posts