WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it finally arrived. My new 656S. I took the plunge after hesitating for quite a while. While waiting I became a bit unsure whether I made the right choice by buying the black version. Now that it is here I must say that I am very pleased. At last I have a black watch again. B-) Time will tell how good the galvanized finish holds up against abuse. The case size is smaller with 38.5mm, but I notice almost no difference compared to my 657. Oh, and the case does not have SUG written between the lugs. Since Tim complained that noone here is posting pictures, I tried to take some pics.

I ordered the watch on a black leather strap with white stitching, but only because - I guess - you have to order it on some kind of strap. It was clear from the beginning that I would like to wear it on some kind of NATO strap.

So, off comes the leather strap. Now, what kind of NATO do we like to install? Mil-style Green?

Or rather a more tactical looking grey? ;-)

I guess I'll stick with the green one for now, the contrast with the black case is very very nice. I already know that I am going to like this watch _alot_! :gold

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Always a pleasure to see the 656, in either version. :)

Have you tried - hold your breath - a black NATO? ;-)

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried - hold your breath - a black NATO? ;-)
I would have liked to, but when I ordered the green and grey NATO straps, the black ones were out of stock!! I might eventually order some black NATOs with black buckles, but for now I am happy with the green one, the watch really looks great on this one. My crappy camera and fotographing skills really cannot express the killer looks of that combination.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Whatever colour you choose, 656S looks perfect on NATO |> |> |> Specially with these black metal NATOs :p
Congratulations! :-!

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Ferdinand, I take it these are Duarte's straps?

I am sure I asked this before, but cant find it - what is the overall length of those straps?

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferdinand, I take it these are Duarte's straps?

I am sure I asked this before, but cant find it - what is the overall length of those straps?
Hm I think the straps Duarte sells are a bit different (cannot find his homepage right now). I got mine from this source:

http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/lwb/MilitaryPop/G10PVD1.htm

There is also a specification of the exact dimensions on this page. The straps are well made, although the black surface seems to wear off easily when being scratched against metal (I scratched off a little bit of black from the buckle by rubbing it against a notebook while typing). The nylon is harder than the straps I got from timefactors.com, so I broke it in by soaking it in water and drying it on my wrist. After that procedure, the straps became quite comfortable.

·
Registered
629 Posts
no matter which Nato strap you put on, the black color will worn out. I use 3M clear tape to cover the back and the lug areas. It works great. You just need to check the condition of the tape once in a while, since it can worn out too.

I have one of Duante nato - they are thin and comfy on your wrist:-! ,

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
no matter which Nato strap you put on, the black color will worn out. I use 3M clear tape to cover the back and the lug areas. It works great. You just need to check the condition of the tape once in a while, since it can worn out too.
Are you referring to the PVD fittings of the strap, or to the case of the 656S?

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have returned to the Light Side ...

Hi everyone!

Well, where to begin? Two weeks ago, the weather was bad during the weekend. I was rather disgruntled, cause I had planned to go hiking.

So I planlessly started surfing watch forums instead, which turned out to be a bad idea afterwards. Because I stumbled across some really good pics of the 856 ... it looks like most people who bought one were really excited about it. The thing that brought me over the edge was that people mentioned the tegimented finish is close to titanium.

Soo .... quick picture. As you can see, the finish is really quite close to titanium, which I like ALOT. I put the watch next to my Tutima Military TL and noticed almost no difference at all.
Timekeeping is excellent so far, and I hope that mine will not be struck by the problems sometimes reported with this movement.
I put it on a black NATO, which makes a really great combination! :-!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts