WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever notice this? Ever since I was in grade school I am used analog time. In analog you see the time. While in digital you read the time. Sometimes the brain is used to seeing the hour and minute hands verse reading digital time. It actually takes less time reading an analog watch than a digital watch for me. Sometimes while I am doing a task I don't even have to move my hand to see the time. I can actually work and see the time all in one motion. This is why diver style watches are cool.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Anybody ever notice this? Ever since I was in grade school I am used analog time. In analog you see the time. While in digital you read the time. Sometimes the brain is used to seeing the hour and minute hands verse reading digital time. It actually takes less time reading an analog watch than a digital watch for me. Sometimes while I am doing a task I don't even have to move my hand to see the time. I can actually work and see the time all in one motion. This is why diver style watches are cool.
I notice that also. More now since I've started wearing a Kampschwimmer-style watch (12-3-6-9) with no minute hash marks. My perception of time is more "visual" with that dial.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I notice that also. More now since I've started wearing a Kampschwimmer-style watch (12-3-6-9) with no minute hash marks. My perception of time is more "visual" with that dial.
I come from a working man's perceptive. If you get caught seeing the time. You can have your boss tell you why are you looking at the time. I know how things go.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't own a analog G-Shock. Now I want one for my collection. I am a Casio man. They are rock hard. Even the 10 dollar Casio watches that have fog in them still work.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I use less time to read a digital panel, and add time to actual to calculate a new time, I think our brain like analog or digital, depending on what you use by default.

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If you listen very carefully, you can even smell the time :-d
one of the reason I've stopped wearing my analogs is because i can hear the time with my G's
"Beepbeep"
"Ah, it must be five already, time to pack things and leave"

I type butter on mah phon

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Also, when someone asks you for the time, if you are wearing an analog watch, you'd answer "10:30" even if it actually shows 10:32 on the watch.

on a digital watch, you'd answer "5 more seconds to 10:33" :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can relate to the OP's statement. I've been a wearer of mechanical watches for a long time and there's something about seeing where the hands are that give me a perception of time beyond just what the actual time is right now.

I've got seriously into hiking now and fallen in love with my Rangeman, atomic accuracy for day to day and knowing what's going on with the weather at any given time lets me know when I can steal some time to head out to the hills so I've swapped to my Rangeman for everything now and I'm having to get used to digital time. It's taking some getting used to but I really enjoy having this watch on my wrist.

·
Registered
358 Posts
After wearing my analogue seikos much more recently than my digital g's I actually have a preference now for analogues. For me during a work day, it's like having a gauge which tells me how much of my day has passed. I don't find one more easier or harder to read. Cheers, Will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just glanced at my analogue watch and thought, "it's almost 10." Then I looked at my G-Shock: 9:53. What does this mean? I don't know ;-)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts