WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not diving related, but I was wearing my 750T Pro while taking some more sailplane lessons this past weekend. You can make it out in the reflection of the first photo...otherwise, I was occupied with the view from 12,300 feet and trying to keep on top of things. I felt like I was 10 miles behind the plane, playing mental and physical catch up. Guess it'll take some time before I feel like I'm on top of things...but that's why we practice, right?

Cheers,

Avi

Attachments

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Nice! When I was early in my flight training, I was so focused on the task at hand, it was like tunnel vision. As I gained experience and began to notice more things (like the skyline view of Detroit in the distance on crosswind for 18, which I hadn't even noticed in the first several hours! :-d) my instructor got a real laugh out of it. This was just shortly before I soloed BTW.

Stick with this, and if you ever do transition to powered flight (you may not even want to leave the peace and tranquility of Soaring) you'll be head and shoulders above many experienced pilots in stick and rudder technique :-!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow avi.first diving,now flying what hav'nt you done wearing your doxa.:-d. looks fun.
It is fun! Highly recommended for anyone who is curious and has access - there's a purity in sailplanes that I hadn't expected. As for what I haven't done when wearing a Doxa, there's a long list. I'm working my way through it though...:-!

Cheers,

Avi

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! When I was early in my flight training, I was so focused on the task at hand, it was like tunnel vision. As I gained experience and began to notice more things (like the skyline view of Detroit in the distance on crosswind for 18, which I hadn't even noticed in the first several hours! :-d) my instructor got a real laugh out of it. This was just shortly before I soloed BTW.

Stick with this, and if you ever do transition to powered flight (you may not even want to leave the peace and tranquility of Soaring) you'll be head and shoulders above many experienced pilots in stick and rudder technique :-!

Thanks T, I always know I can trust you to support me on this :thanks.

I do plan to transition to powered, but I'm sure I'll keep current with soaring as well. One of these days we'll go flying!

Avi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts