WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce you to the El Primero brothers. Blackie and Moonie.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
congrats|>

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,141 Posts
I prefer Moonie. Blackie looks like an elegant watch in style but the case colour makes it look like a sports watch. IMO, the two don't really mix very well here.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I prefer Moonie. Blackie looks like an elegant watch in style but the case colour makes it look like a sports watch. IMO, the two don't really mix very well here.....

Hartmut Richter
I prefer Moonie too. Bought it recently which I described in other thread. Neo Vintage was second watch to my collection. However over time my watch taste changed and Blackie is up for sale now.
The other problem I noticed with Neo Vintage is that it is PVD coated. When new it looks fine but with a time onec the watch gets some wear and scratches it would be not possible to remove them and the look would be awful. I can already see some rubed off coating on the clasp.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I prefer Moonie too. Bought it recently which I described in other thread. Neo Vintage was second watch to my collection. However over time my watch taste changed and Blackie is up for sale now.
The other problem I noticed with Neo Vintage is that it is PVD coated. When new it looks fine but with a time onec the watch gets some wear and scratches it would be not possible to remove them and the look would be awful. I can already see some rubed off coating on the clasp.
I think Stainless always last the longest even in the harshest situation.
I do have a gold watch that stay like new, but then again I don't tend to
abuse it as much...

I think amount gold, Platinum, Aluminum.. even Carbon fiber, stainless should have the hardest and most resistance metal?
Some will say Carbon finer is 4 times stronger than steel… but that is per weight.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,141 Posts
The one that lasts longest is ceramic. Witness Rado & the likes. Hublot have recently come out with ceramic 18K gold! They mix gold not with other metals but with a ceramic material and the result is so hard, you can't even put a hallmark in it!! Rado have also brought out the V10K watch (10K Vickers or 10000 Vickers) about a decade or so ago. It is a watch covered with a thin film of diamond. Diamond is the only material with a rating of 10K Vickers so that's what the watch has!

But apart from these exotic materials, you are right - steel is to be preferred.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts