WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They often say on Top Gear that once a footballer buys a certain car, it is no longer considered cool.

I don't necessarily agree with everything they say on that programme, but this has put me off Giez's (or should that be Giezii?:think:) for life.

Strange choice for a professional footballer.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
At the end of the day it is just another watch.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Rooney has a Giez? I think that's superb!

I'm sure he has a glitzy blingmeister tucked away somewhere, but England's finest footballer (possibly ever) wearing a Giez? I like that. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Even all those blinged-out rhinestone encrusted G's have not diluted my interest in G's.
That Rooney guy with his GIEZ is not nearly that bad. What about the Jeremy Shocky G Shock? The American "footballer" and his limited edition?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think its more lame when people don't care about something then their favorite rapper wears something then EVERYBODY has it on the next day. But I think this is ok. Just cause somebody is good at football doesn't mean they can't like a gshock!

And this might be the perfect time to ask this, but is it pronounced 'Jeeze' or 'Guyzz', or is it pronounced completely differently?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I don't know Rooney enough to be put off by him wearing a GIEZ, but in general there shouldn't be any problem with people other than watch geeks sporting a G-Shock, provided that it doesn't involve shiny rocks as an aftermarket mod.

And this might be the perfect time to ask this, but is it pronounced 'Jeeze' or 'Guyzz', or is it pronounced completely differently?
I've read that GIEZ was supposed to mean 'G-Essence', so it's likely pronounced as 'Gee-Ez'.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I don't know Rooney enough to be put off by him wearing a GIEZ, but in general there shouldn't be any problem with people other than watch geeks sporting a G-Shock, provided that it doesn't involve shiny rocks as an aftermarket mod.

I've read that GIEZ was supposed to mean 'G-Essence', so it's likely pronounced as 'Gee-Ez'.

I believe the name comes from a city/town in Switzerland.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I believe the name comes from a city in Switzerland.
Yeah I looked that up too, turns out there's both a Giez in Switzerland and France, implying it might be pronounced "Jhee-ay". But looking at the Japanese Katakana it is pronounced "Jizu" or like someone suggested "Jeeze". I've read that G-Essence idea before, but also read it's just supposed to represent something like "G's" Who knows ... it's the Giez mystique I guess...

And a footballer that likes 'em? He's in good company with the likes of Tracy Morgan in Cop Out and even Henry Rollins. Cool by me!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
He's no footballer and he doesn't wear a Giez, but Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko, whom I cosider to be one of the greatest athletes of all time, also wears a G-Shock. It's a skyforce, I think

·
Registered
340 Posts
He's no footballer and he doesn't wear a Giez, but Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko, whom I cosider to be one of the greatest athletes of all time, also wears a G-Shock. It's a skyforce, I think

Tim Sylvia is one tall dude - I would have liked to see a Fedor/Lesner fight, too bad Lesner has some undisclosed condition.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Tim Sylvia is one tall dude - I would have liked to see a Fedor/Lesner fight, too bad Lesner has some undisclosed condition.
still? I thought he recovered and will fight the winner of the Mir/Carwin fight. As for Fedor/Lesnar... will never happen. Dana White will never pay what Fedor demands solely because he's former Pride FC and because he's not in his stable.

·
Registered
443 Posts
They often say on Top Gear that once a footballer buys a certain car, it is no longer considered cool.

I don't necessarily agree with everything they say on that programme, but this has put me off Giez's (or should that be Giezii?:think:) for life.

Wow i thought i had good eye sight, i cannot make that out so your a better man than me but if your sure it is what you say it is then i say great, who knows he might be a G fan and have a dozen at home, go Rooney, anyway if he wore a Rolex he'd still look like Shrek:-d

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

Not football, soccer (yawn).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts