WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
More expert Frogman collectors than I will undoubtedly reply but I'd stay away from this auction just because of the crappy cell phone pics, oblique description and high opening bid.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Even from the blurry pics I note that the screen shows in two different tints...I don't know if that means its necessarily fake but I suspect someone on here does.

Tell you what though - with those pics I would definitely not be taking a shot at it.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Its fake, the eye on this one is to small and there is several other design elements that is just wrong so it is a fake one. The sellers other items appear to have clear pictures so it is clearly the seller is trying to hide something.

STAY AWAY!:rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its fake, the eye on this one is to small and there is several other design elements that is just wrong so it is a fake one. The sellers other items appear to have clear pictures so it is clearly the seller is trying to hide something.

STAY AWAY!:rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart
I too noticed the sellers other , more legible pics. The DW-8200 doesn't come with yellow writing on the Ti case or a blue screen.<| Oddly (or maybe not oddly) the bidders are all "0" feedback bidders.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Agreed, it's fake. Compared to my Frogman

- Never seen an 8200 with two different screen tints
- Time is placed too high and the date should be above it in the same pane
- I don't know about the protective plastic on the back

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Excellent point. I'm tempted to email the seller and call them out on it.
If everyone here reported the auction (as I have) it hopefully will be removed by eBay.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If everyone here reported the auction (as I have) it hopefully will be removed by eBay.
Done. I really wish they would give you more than 100 characters to try to explain why you are reporting the auction. Extremely hard to make any sort of detailed case with such a small limit - hell, that's smaller than a text message or even a Twitter!

·
Registered
273 Posts
reported it to ebay. This is so frustrating. Some poor sap will end up buying this and think he got a great deal, until he actually dives with it.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........
poor pictures it's a sinonim of fake usually......
i've done the same......
bought from a poor picture auction a fake G2000..........
arrrrrghhhhhhhhh o|

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
+1

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
ebay seems not to care about fake sales anymore, they only want your money!o|o|
I'm convinced this is why there are only 100 characters allowed to explain why an auction should be pulled. If they don't give you any space, it's hard for you to make your case - and easy for them to decide to let it run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts