WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Citizen EcoZilla Ti!!!!

I love the size, heft, overall look, everything...but this is the first watch that my gf says looks stupid. Oh well :roll:

What watches do you guys have that your significant others dislike?

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
None - that they've mentioned :-d But the Auto-zilla has garnered more than it's share of comments from women over the years. They are not hard to miss, those watches b-)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I try and get my lady involved with my watch research and passion. She shows no interest. The only watch she likes is my Orca.
Congrats on the Zilla. Great choice.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I've recently seen someone post theirs on a SS linked bracelet.
It changes the look completely. Gotta say I really like it.
Maybe proper accessorizing the zilla will change her mind? ;-)

good luck
Dave.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Im not much of a EcoZlilla fan myself so I have to agree with her, they are a little odd looking (sorry guys). No offence intended at all, we all have our likes and dislikes. I can just see how a non-wis could be blown away by that watch,,,,,"what the [email protected]$% is that!!" is what im visioning.
A friend of mine held my Holotype once and said by far it was the ugliest watch he'd ever seen. He sounded pretty convinced too, oh well, I love it.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Hate is too strong a word but she thinks this is silly large and heavy, even on the silicone strap.

paul

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I loved my Ti Zilla, until it was stolen :-x:-x:-x I really dont care what others think and my wife has got used to my watches and doesn't comment much if ever on them.

I have to say that it was so tall I had to be aware of it so as not to bang it into things. I always wondered why Citizen did not make it 5mm shorter. I think it would have worked much better for most folks that way. I dont get why it has to be thicker than others. Still loved it just though it would be better a little thinner ;-)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I just looked up the EcoZilla and think it’s cool looking watch.

However (in regards to your GF), the guys in the MotorHome Forum I’m in. Will usually give this advise when someone posts;

We’re looking at a new MH and the wife really likes this floor plan, but not sure. What do you’all think??

It doesn’t matter what we think…Trust us….If that’s the one she likes…That’s the one you should buy, PERIOD!

Now if she’s just a GF (and not seriously marrying), these are a couple of other units you could consider looking at. If your planning on keeping this unit…Find the floor Plan that you can live with is very important.

Although this purchase is usually within the $20K to over $200K price range, then up to or over a Mil dollars….

Pops

Moral of the story?????…..Heck I lost my trend of thought…LOL..."Gravity" sure sucks!!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
She seems to not care at all, thinks I'm crazy and have OCD about how I try to take care of them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't own it, but she is not a huge fan of the Ploprof. It is growing on her, but she thinks it is obnoxious and ugly. She LOVES my sea-dweller, and is pushing for me to get a 5513 (I think its b/c she thinks she'll be able to take it and wear it...:-d).

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I can get where she's coming from. If you wore a pair of swim fins with your jeans, that would look dorky. I think the Zilla isn't quite as bad, but it's in the same neighborhood. Both those things are great tools for their designated purpose, but may not always be the most fashionable choice in other circumstances.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts