WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not going to the moon, but taking the FOIS on a business trip for about 11 days. This and my Tag Aquaracer made the cut. The FOIS has become my daily, and although there are some areas I will not be wearing it or any watch, I think it will make a great international travel companion as it doesn’t jump out and scream “look at me!” The Aquaracer is coming along for beach duty.

I’ll update this thread as much as possible along the way. Please enjoy! I’m looking forward to getting back out there, and these will all be new cities traveled to for me.

Starting things off with some pho in the Seattle area. I’ll see y’all at the airport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to your journey, it's been a while since I travelled anywhere much further than my suburb.
Thank you. I have done a bit of travel within the United States, but this will be the first international travel I have done in about a couple of years.

If anyone has recommendations on awesome watch stores to see in any of these cities, please do let me know. Whenever I travel I love to see and try on things that are just not possible where I live.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, Eric. I for one am looking forward to the pictures. Enjoy, and be safe!!

Rene

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just moved the family up to Seattle from Los Angeles, and I'm looking for some recommendations of my own...

... Where do you go for pho? It looks great. The FOIS does, too. Have a safe trip!
Welcome! This is a place called Jenny Pho in Issaquah (about 20-30 minutes east of Seattle). There is also a really good place at the Renton Landing, although I cannot remember the name of it. It’s the only Pho place there. As far as in the city of Seattle, I do not know as I have not eaten pho there.

These are some of the best FOIS photos I have seen on the forum !
Well done !
Thanks! I hope to post many more.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chilaquiles and FOIS is a great combo!! Very jealous
Those Large bowls would put me in a pho coma :) I can enjoy the small ones without blowing up.
The food so far has been awesome. I love going to new places and trying the local cuisine. I’m not too picky, and it helps to have a great host and friend that knows the great spots!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having a little rest at the hotel after walking all over creation. Found a really cool watch store with very friendly sales associates called Berger Joyeros. Lots of awesome brands that I’d like to try some things on from, but just like most places in the world, a lot of the shelves were empty and/or the popular models were not in stock. I actually really enjoy a lot of the “unpopular” stuff, so I still got to try on and see some really great pieces.

Patek Travel Time and Annual Calendar. Really great pieces. I like the size and weight of the Travel Time. They only had the white gold, and I think I would prefer the red gold, but the white flies under the radar.

The watches might look a little dull due to the clear plastic most of them were wrapped in.

Was happy to see and try on this Chopard Alpine Eagle. Love the dial, but I’m just not currently a bracelet guy, and it was a bit too blingy for my taste. Still a cool watch!

Tried on this cool, modern Moser. I really like these. This particular one probably wouldn’t be my choice, but their fumé dials really change with the light. I tried on the red version at another shop in Florida a few months back and that’d likely be the one I’d go for. The sapphire is quite dramatically domed and it creates a really cool effect.

Unfortunately ZERO Lange. I really would like to try some of these on.

Vacheron had two models that I am very interested in as my next watch from their Historiques collection. I really like the classic charm of this watch and would definitely go for this reference with the red text. The lugs are really cool too! These are in stainless, so they’re reasonable and also fly under the radar a bit, in my opinion.

Rolex.. yeah, ‘nuff said..

Didn’t try any of these on, but MB&F just makes some cool and wild stuff! These were so much bigger in person than I expected.

And last, Audemars Piguet. AP and Patek have the most space of any brands in this entire store, and AP only had one watch to display; this white dial time and date Code. I tried it on and I gotta say, I really like it! I never understood the hate for this model when it came out. These really need to be seen in person. Like with most watches you only see pictures of online, you can’t see all of the nuance and detail until you see them in person. The way they did the sapphire, case, and lugs is really unique and intricate. I would really like one of these, but as a chronograph. I like the heft of the gold, the caseback and movement look excellent, and even the strap and pin buckle are top class. I gotta say, I would love to own a Code someday!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts