WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

821 - 840 of 1136 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That's a nice rig. Where'd you grab it from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I actually got it at a Pawn Store

Reactions: WillyB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Formula 1 button issue?

I have a TAG Formula 1 Tachymetre edition, its only a few days old but I've noticed that the "Start/Stop" button for the Tachymetre on the watch seems to be considerably softer and spongier than the "reset" button. (The reset button has a solid mechanical "click" where as the start button has next to no "click" and a mushy push.)

As a result I was just wondering if anyone else had one of these watches so I could confirm if this is normal, perhaps its to provide an easier "start/stop" push for the Tachymetre?

Either way I'm not too sure if this is how the watch is meant to be...

Watch.jpg

·
Registered
936 Posts
@dox5337 - first off, congrats on your new TAG. It's an F1 model CAZ1010 (43 mm) chronograph. I believe you are referring to the top button which activates the chronograph (start/stop). It's not a tachymetre function per se. The bezel has a tachymetre scale which is used to determine the speed you are travelling (in an automobile). To use the tachymetre scale, press the chronograph start button and then press the stop button at exactly 1 km (or 1 mile) traveled. When you do this, the chronograph hand will point to a number on the tachymetre scale which will correspond to your velocity/speed in km per hour (or miles per hour).

I've got the 42 mm version (CAZ1110) which is virtually the same watch as yours, but 1 mm less case diameter and with the older "stylized" TAG Heuer logo. I also have the steel bracelet on mine. It's a great looking watch! I can say that my chronograph start/stop button feels the same as the reset button (lower button below the crown), and both buttons provide for a solid "click" feel. If you're concerned, take it back to the AD (or where you bought it) and discuss it with them. Good luck and congrats on your beautiful F1 Chronograph!

·
Registered
574 Posts
This just landed last night. Very nice, really nice box and presentation. Overall fit and finish is really nice, love the size. Now I just need to get the bracelet sized!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just received this great looking Indy in a trade with Scooter, I like it! Sorry for lousy pic.
Thanks Scooter and WUS!

·
Registered
936 Posts
@AQUAGRAPH - that is a great looking watch. How accurate are you finding the Calibre 16? Also, is that the one you were finding uncomfortable re: the strap clasp? Thought I read your comments about that on your blog. Great read BTW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@AQUAGRAPH - that is a great looking watch. How accurate are you finding the Calibre 16? Also, is that the one you were finding uncomfortable re: the strap clasp? Thought I read your comments about that on your blog. Great read BTW.
Hi MorbidSalmon00 - brilliant name by the way. Glad you are enjoying my blog. Yes it is indeed that one, as such I've hardly worn it so I can't really say on the accuracy. This is my first Calibre 16, it does seem very... how can I describe it 'mechanical' when I wind it. Definitely not as smooth as the Heuer01 or the Calibre 60 in my Aquagraph.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I am enjoying your blog and would encourage any TAG Heuer enthusiast on this forum to go check it out! Thanks for the work you put into it!

Yes, I believe the Caibre 60 is quite rare (the Aquagraph is the only modern TH watch that I'm aware of that has it - there could be more but I'm not sure which ones). As for the Heuer 01, I believe this an "in-house" movement based on the 1887? You've got quite the collection of TAG's! Please keep the blog going!

As for my "handle", years ago I was setting up an Xbox account and the name was given to me randomly from Xbox live. Since I am an avid sports fisherman, I found the name to be quite appropriate. I do a fair amount of catch and release but I also retain some of the beautiful salmon that my family loves to eat. So when I signed up for this forum, I just couldn't think of another name so I just went with my current one. LOL.

...and since this is an F1 Club forum - here's a shot of my quartz chronograph in action (yes, I did retain this lovely fly caught trout):

·
Registered
138 Posts
mine, soon to have a leather strap.

Reactions: SG_Lefty

·
Registered
138 Posts
Reactions: SG_Lefty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately the inevitable happened today, I picked up my first dent on my TAG CAZ1010 on the black bezel, as the result of chucking off my seat belt getting out of a car and the watch taking a clip from the seat belt. I'm not particularly bothered about scratches and dents, it's my daily watch for anything I throw at it. Although I was wondering if it is possible to remove small dents from watches? And does the bezel being black and not raw metal affect this? I don't know much about watch repair and I'm just wondering what kind of cosmetic repairs are capable on a routine service?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Small dents on stainless steel can be polished to the extent that they are less noticeable. However, the black PVD coating on your bezel cannot be polished. How big is the dent on your bezel? Can you see through to the stainless steel underneath? If so and you wanted to repair this, they would have to remove the entire PVD coating on the bezel and reapply the coating. In other words, it would be less expensive just to replace the bezel altogether.

I feel your pain as I did the same thing to my F1 CAZ1110 while in a parkade. I was backing up and my mirror contacted a concrete pillar and bent back (as it was designed). So I pulled forward and reached out of my window to pull the mirror back into position. My hand slipped off the mirror and my wrist (watch!) slammed into the concrete pillar! I was horrified, but the only damage in the end after washing off all the dust was a small dent in the bezel where the stainless steel could be seen through. There was no damage to the crystal which surprised me. Anyway, I regularly dab the dent with a black sharpie felt pen and the damage is hardly noticeable. I made inquiries as to how to repair the damage, and was informed the only way was to replace the bezel. Maybe in a few years when I decide to get a service done by TAG Heuer Customer Service I will make a decision to replace the bezel. But the watch looks and works perfectly fine right now. In fact, here she is - can you see the damage?

Still proud to be in the F1 club!!!

821 - 840 of 1136 Posts