WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1101 - 1120 of 1157 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
That’s a nice one. I couldn’t depart with mine either. I just restored it with new midcase and clasp. It’s just like 2002 vintage new.. Great time pieces. And go Räikkönen or Bottas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m happy to be part of the Formula 1 club. This family of watches has been a bit of a grail watch for me. It’s what got me started with watches in the first place. I had my eye on the blue dial quartz F1 for years. I finally went to get it and the Link with the white dial stole my heart.

This is my second TAG, and it is a perfect fit for me. I suppose I’ll have to keep the blue dial quartz on my radar screen. 😉

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, mine's from 2008 and the minute and hour hand look similar.
If it's counterfeit as you're suggesting and copied off another piece, what sort era was the original made
I was mainly going off of the plastic wrap on the bracelet, and the box . But now that I took more time to look into it, you can see the differences in the watch. The tag heuer badge logo. The letters are too fat. You can tell with the G, as it has much less gray inside of it. The bezel numbers also look wrong. Like they were filled in with a cheap silver paint. The 12 marker appears to have too much white inside of the red. All the red also looks too dark, but that could jsut be the lighting. Granted, a lot of it is hard to tell as there is too much glare on the watch.

1101 - 1120 of 1157 Posts