WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2538 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys......I love Gerlach watches and the previous thread too....but keeping track has become a nightmare.

I also saw many people suggesting that a new thread be started for 2014...so let's do it.

I will try to add links to the relevant notable posts from the old thread.........guys, you can help with that.

Link to the previous thread. .....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=779454

As the title goes...your thoughts on a Brass/Bronze Gerlach?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Re: The G.Gerlach thread for 2014...... and a thought....time for a Bronze/Brass Gerlach?

Depends on how it's done, of course, but it sounds good to me.

Reactions: fatehbajwa

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: The G.Gerlach thread for 2014...... and a thought....time for a Bronze/Brass Gerlach?

Not sure about a brass or bronze but I'm paid up for a BLUE otago :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm trying to imagine an Otago in bronze. :)

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
11,310 Posts

I'm trying to imagine an Otago in bronze. :)

Sent from my iPad
I don't really see the whole Otago in bronze but the bezel is so pronounced that I could see it with a bronze bezel. Or an option for bezels that are interchangeable like the Steinhart Apollon. I think alternate bezel options would look great.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I don't really see the whole Otago in bronze but the bezel is so pronounced that I could see it with a bronze bezel. Or an option for bezels that are interchangeable like the Steinhart Apollon. I think alternate bezel options would look great.
Hmmmm..... I see the beginning of a " I want a Bronze Gerlach" here. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts

Actually a bronze otago with a graphite (black) face could be a stunner.

Although the lume would have to be changed to a more vintage / beige colour

·
Registered
3,535 Posts

Do you mean like this? ( photo belongs to g.Gerlach facebook site)
. Please delete if not allowed .DW.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Wow....that was fast.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

time to start introducing sapphire backs and G.Gerlach engraved rotors.
Gerlach already has. The Auroch will have a clear case back (if it is ever completed) and an engraved black rotor will be part of the manually wound Batory watch movement.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

As the title goes...your thoughts on a Brass/Bronze Gerlach?
I'd prefer brass. I have a (brass) Bronze Magrette, and it is great. I really don't want to pay extra for bronze when I really can't tell the difference.

I would also like it to have a 1930s dive theme case back: perhaps an engraved mage of a diver in a dive suit with a metal helmet and air lines.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Makes perfect sense......I have a couple of brass watches and a couple of bronze ones. After some patina, they look quite similar.
BTW, is bronze as such more expensive than brass or is it an artificial pricing in watches?

I'd prefer brass. I have a (brass) Bronze Magrette, and it is great. I really don't want to pay extra for bronze when I really can't tell the difference.

I would also like it to have a 1930s dive theme case back: perhaps an engraved mage of a diver in a dive suit with a metal helmet and air lines.

·
Premium Member
40,163 Posts

I'm not particularly fussed by bronze. I certainly won't be put off if they decide to do one, but I think I'd be more likely to want the same model in S/S at a lower price.

What do I want from G Gerlach in 2014? More of the same.

They've released an incredible number of great watches in 2013. The only reason I don't have a Gerlach so far is that I just can't decide. Batory, RWD-6, Otago, Navigator. All look like great watches with great styling.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Brad...buy them all. I have most, if not all. Great stuff at honest prices.

I'm not particularly fussed by bronze. I certainly won't be put off if they decide to do one, but I think I'd be more likely to want the same model in S/S at a lower price.

What do I want from G Gerlach in 2014? More of the same.

They've released an incredible number of great watches in 2013. The only reason I don't have a Gerlach so far is that I just can't decide. Batory, RWD-6, Otago, Navigator. All look like great watches with great styling.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

Makes perfect sense......I have a couple of brass watches and a couple of bronze ones. After some patina, they look quite similar.
BTW, is bronze as such more expensive than brass or is it an artificial pricing in watches?
Good question. I remember the discussion that went on a couple of years ago. I don't think anyone really knew for sure.

·
Premium Member
40,163 Posts

Brad...buy them all. I have most, if not all. Great stuff at honest prices.
That's your answer to everything!

If I'm honest, the Otago is the one that I want most. The new blue looks gorgeous.

I'm hoping that the delays in acquiring the ST19s for the Auroch get resolved soon so that I can have my first from the brand. I expect that will push me over the edge.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts

That's your answer to everything!

If I'm honest, the Otago is the one that I want most. The new blue looks gorgeous.

I'm hoping that the delays in acquiring the ST19s for the Auroch get resolved soon so that I can have my first from the brand. I expect that will push me over the edge.
I can tell you that when I received and Otago a couple of weeks ago it instantly became one of my favorites. A great looking watch that wears very well.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Huh, here you all, hiding ;-) !

Thank you Fateh for starting new, 2014 thread - I must tell you that was too busy to do it myself :-(

·
Registered
43 Posts

Gerlach already has. The Auroch will have a clear case back (if it is ever completed) and an engraved black rotor will be part of the manually wound Batory watch movement.
I sincerely hope the Auroch will be completed because I sent off the reservation fee last year! I would love a manual-wind Batory.The one thing that's put me off buying a Big-date Batory is the fact that it's an automatic.I just feel a manual-wind seems more appropriate to this style of watch-but maybe that's just me!

·
Registered
867 Posts

Yes, I would like to hear more about this manual wind, or LE batory I've heard about. Anyone have more information on this?

How does a handwind watch have a rotor...?

1 - 20 of 2538 Posts