WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can only post macro shots here. No posts without at least one macro shot! Lets have fun!

I'm sizing all my pictures to 700 pixels wide so it does not overload...

Some new angles on the MTG-1000 (I'm away from home and only brought three watches, so selection is limited...) :-d

There is actually a screw holding the second hand on!

Love the depth...

Shoulda dusted it first... GW-5600J

Focused on the camera...

Wifes MSG-300C..

·
Registered
471 Posts

sorry for bad composition :-d

Camera: Powershot S5is
Lighting: Indoor (it's 8pm here)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My photo of black Spots:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
WhtShadow, sorry this post doesnt have any pics but i have a request. can you ask those who posted to list the equipment they're using? I just want to know wat to use to take such great macros. Ill delete this post if you want me to and gladly to do so.

got some macro of the 1500

but still not close enough.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here's my setup.

Macro setting on the point-and-shoot Canon Power Shot Digital Elph (S-230). Not as close as I would like to get.

Wide angle (5.4 mm) at highest resolution (2048 x 1536).

But everyone wants a closer look. So I took an 800 x 600 section out of the above pic to get this:

Wow! That dust really shows up.

On the extreme end of that camera's ability is a macro shot at 10.8 mm at 6x (digital) zoom.

And an 800 x 600 crop of that pic:

Very, very close. But the combination of zoom and digital zoom really flatten out the image. Plust you can really see the limit of the camera's sensor. I'd really like a camera that will show the depth of our favourite kinds of watches. Canon G9 anyone?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Nicely done, mansrow! :-!
thanks to u, Jeff, and whtshadow for the tips. its a little bit tedious but now i know how to work the macro much better.

thank you guys.

oooo, less chatting more, pic.

having fun cropping and adjusting. as u can see, i still get the blurry.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Here are some macro shots.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts