WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This syndrome may have been confronted within this forum sometime in the past but I wish to hear some opinions from those with "nice" non G-shocks in their collections. I rotate my watches among my G-Shock, Pathfinder and Polar but have a few "nice" ones like a Citizen, Omega and the like. Since I wear my G, Pathfinder and Polar most of the week I tend to be more "liberal" on how I move my arms because they are TOUGH watches but then somehow I forget to do the same with my other watches which had me come very close to damaging them cosmetically and/or mechanically. I call this the G-Shock Syndrome that occurs after getting used to the toughness of G-Shock type of watches.

Kind regards,

Urashima Taro

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know EXACTLY how you feel! I pretty much never wear my Seamaster 2254.50 for fear of banging it by accident against a doorframe like I do all the time with my G-shocks!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Looks like your addressing the "syndrome" quite well. Carry on!

Josh

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've never had any issues protecting my Swiss automatics. I've worn them doing just about any activity I can imagine, and they hold up just fine.

But there is a certain liberation that comes from wearing a G. For one thing, they don't cost $6K to replace! At least not yet! Lol. That, and they really are built to take a beating. I really enjoy wearing both types of watches, and dig the attributes of each. All part of being a WIS I guess.

Right now I'm on a nice little G kick, and loving every minute of it. :-!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can totally feel ya bro! I have a couple of nice watches, nothing expensive mind you, and I try wear the Gs to work (I work in the engine room of a ship) and wear the nice ones around the house or out on errands so there is always the "be careful" in the house but far less damage can occur at home than at work. Whatever you wear, enjoy it! :-!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
No therapy, Taro. Just constantly reminding yourself that not all watches are built like Gs. ;-)

Great shot, btw. :-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,158 Posts
I also become more and more reluctant to wear my non-G Watches.:roll:

If i look at my shiny and scratch-prone non-Gs, i asking myself what they are good for (when i also own a G). :think:

·
Registered
906 Posts
My G-Shocks have become the biggest part my daily watches, other daily watches are a few not very expensive analog watches like a Victorinox Field Watch. I wear nice watches almost only when I wear nice clothes, like a suit. If I wear such clothes, I am usually a bit more careful and then my watches are safe.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
No therapy, no innoculation, no methadone-type substitute - it's a chronic disorder and we just have to learn to live with it.

Cognitive behavioural therapy or exotic forms of meditation may assist in severe cases.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, I know what you mean! I have almost stopped wearing my expensive seikos and citizens and have taken to wearing different Gs to work with the thicker Gs on Fri/Sats. The nice watches are for the days when I have scheduled formal meetings, and I carry them around in their cases to wear just for the meetings!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts