WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get my first gshock watch and need some help. Out of these two what is the majority winner.

I have looked and read about them both. Having much trouble on deciding.

Thank you all for the extra help.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
They're both nice, but I think the G-9000 looks better. :-!

The GW-9010 has atomic and is more expensive. There's also a G-9010 that's non-atomic and cheaper with the same look.

And don't forget about the atomic GW-9000 Mudman.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
G 9000.
I think.
Better looking and half the price. The dial on my MC is great.
And mine is +5 seconds a month.
Also I wear mine when I sleep.
Not good for syncing.
And many versions! Meaning colors.
I also like and use the 2 stop watches.
Not sure if the new one can do this.
That being said. I like the atomic one : )
Get both eventually. I think I will.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm a solar and multiband addicted guy that just for the Mudman's own beauty gave up it's bad habit.
I own 2 Muddies both non solar and I absolutely tell you to go for the same.
I'll buy the solar atomic too at some point ,but THE Mudman as intended it has to be the classic G9000,no fancy solar panels and radiocontrolled stuff. Besides that,both of my Mudmans are showing an impressive timekeeping record. +1 sec in 3 weeks sounds pretty accettable to me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I absolutely love my GW-9010. It´s a great timepiece with outstanding functionality. I love the symmetry of it´s dial with the big G in the middle (someone once stated that it looks a bit like a cylon´s face from Battlestar Galactica ;-)). The dial is extremely crisp an sharp, much more contrast than many other Gs and very legible digits. And not to forget I´m a big fan of solar watches and atomic timekeeping. No worry about using all the little gizmos as often as you want to, battery will refresh every time the watch gets some light.

Having said that, I have to admit that I absolutely love my G-9000s. These are some handsome watches and they offer great functionality, too. Two chronographs measuring up to 1000 hours each, time shown in almost every mode (I really like that feature, especially when I use the CDT), CDT with repeat function and so on. The "dual illumination" of the whole dial gives it the best looking face of all Gs in the dark (just my 2c).

So, if you ask - take both ;-).

Twins seperated at birth? :-d

Let there be light! b-)

·
Registered
440 Posts
They're both nice, but I think the G-9000 looks better. :-!

The GW-9010 has atomic and is more expensive. There's also a G-9010 that's non-atomic and cheaper with the same look.

And don't forget about the atomic GW-9000 Mudman.

I agree - which is why I went for a G-9000.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Don't ask a bunch of Muddy addicts - we'll just say 'get both!' :)

I love my Rally Mudman

But also love the MX series probably just as much ...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Does anybody know if band and bezel are exchangeable on the different mudman models?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I'm loving that light blue Muddy- I've got the 8VDR and am thinking of getting another version. "The Cylon" looks pretty good too, though be careful of "recieve-itis" with an Atomic; some people get really hung up on their watch being within a second accuracy, constantly checking its had an update and freaking out if it's missed one. I like Solar watches as you never have to worry about the battery, but the inconvenience of changing a battery every 3 years with the G9000 is not exactly high. I think they both look very respectable, so for me it'd be down to whether you're prepared to pay the extra for something you might worry about, or would feel like you've shortchanged yourself getting the std Mudman. Perhaps you should get down to a store and try them on? You might find one or the other is far more suited to your wrist, or prefer the security of a serial No, which I don't think the G9000 has, or find another colour option which really takes your fancy. But to be honest, I don't think you'll feel actively dissapointed, whichever one you eventually go for.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
In terms of looks, you're not going to get a unified answer here.

But technologically speaking, the GW9010 is superior to the G9000.

Good luck, and welcome! :-!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got the gw9000

And I'm looking for the G-9000-8 (stormtrooper).

But I like the tough solar one as it recharges battery and you can use the EL without thinking about the battery.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I got the 9010 for it's bigger and centralized digits. Cleaner dial and tough solar function. 9010's comes with non atomics too which saves me some cost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts