WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what ''gear'' you all use to shoot those gorgeous pictures..

My ''gear''...
Fuji S602Z digital camera 3MP
Not the best there is but just fine for ''the job''.. ;-)
Olympus MU500 digital pocket camera 5MP, I carry arround every day.
Great for snap shots and very small.
Nikon F50.
This one I rarely use, it is not digital but still makes awesome pictures.
Maybe the time has come to use it again.. B-)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I use 3 different cameras, primarily: Canon 5D, Canon 1Ds, and Canon 1D Mark IIN. The lenses I use the most are Canon 24-70 and 24-105 IS, both L series and Canon 70-300 DO IS. My Canon 70-200 IS L lens gets used less because it's so big and heavy, but I shot a footie match with it the other day along with the 1D Mark IIN with great results. I also use a Canon 50mm f1.4 alot. It's light and I love the "what you see is what you get" results. For watches, I use a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro lens, mostly, but I've gotten good results with the 24-70 as well.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,567 Posts
I use mainly a Canon G5, but I think I will replace it with an Eos model. That Olympus snapshot camera sounds also good. I want a very small, relative cheep, camera that I can take with me when mountain biking. I don't dare to take my G5 with me and I see the most awesome things biking in nature. A few weeks ago I ended up ina herd of deer in the middle of the track. I was with a friend, else it would have been a very unbelievable story.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Most of my digital photos are taken with a Nikon Coolpix 5000. Attached are a couple of photos from the small village of Franktown, near Almonte.
For vacation trips I still prefer film cameras since I like wide angle photography, and a Nikon DSLR crops all my film lenses by a factor of 1.5. I have a Nikon F80 with 24mm, 35-80, 50mm, and 70-300mm in my bag ready to go on my next trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use a Nikon D50.
Lenses: 18-55 kit Nikon/Nikkor ED lens, 70-300 Nikon/Nikkor ED telephoto, and 50mm prime, macro 1:1 ration Quantaray lens.
I also have a Nikon Speedlight SB-800 flash.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I was very pleased with my Pentax MX5

I´d like to sell it, or trade with a watch.
Now I´m using Pentax *ist DS.
louis

·
Registered
531 Posts
leica minilux (nondigital)
minolta dimage xt
sony dsc-P200
nikon D70
canon powershot s500
panasonic F601Z
Kyocera S5R

i rarely use the d70 since i do not like to lug big cameras around. i'm in the market for a new compact digital. i prefer something you can put in your pocket and go. i'm interested in the panasonic dmc-lx1 or leica d-lux 2, but waiting for maybe a newer version (albeit these are new versions) that aren't so noisy, but i still may end up buying one and just do post photo editing (which is a pain). but i'm still on the fence.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I almost bought the Leica or Panasonic you mentioned. They're rated really well, except for the noice above ISO 200. You pretty much have to get a noice reduction plugin to handle it, but I've seen great results posted! The Panasonic is the better deal, I guess. Same camera from what I've read.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Started off in digital with a Canon Powershot 300, small and easy to use and takes nice pics, but poor zoom quality.

Upgraded to a Fuji s4100 with a 10x optical and 3x digital zoom, plus it can have external lenses added to it. Still fairly easy to use, plus it has a lot more features on it.

Paul

·
Registered
531 Posts
BruceS said:
I almost bought the Leica or Panasonic you mentioned. They're rated really well, except for the noice above ISO 200. You pretty much have to get a noice reduction plugin to handle it, but I've seen great results posted! The Panasonic is the better deal, I guess. Same camera from what I've read.
Cheers,
Bruce
yeah, from what i've been reading, jus shoot raw and easily fixed later (which is fine with me, since i've been only shooting raw or tiff for the past couple years). i have yet to read an actual leica vs. panasonic comparison, though. actually, i haven't seen a lengthy review of the leica d-lux 2 from anyone, only the panasonic dmc-lx1. i'm siding more on the d-lux 2, though, even though the panasonic is cheaper. looks to be the same, except some accessories, adobe elements, and longer warranty with the leica. so it really depends on whether you think $200-$300 is worth the extras plus it being a full on leica. there is also the difference in style of both.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Let's see...

35mm: Olympus OM1 & 2 with 18mm, 28mm, 50mm original Zuiko, 28-90mm Vivitar Series 1 varifocal, 90-180mm Vivitar Series 1 flat field zoom; 400mm Soligar tele. (sold most of this in the meantime...), Vivitar 285 and 365 flashes

6x7: Pentax 67 with 45mm, 105mm, 300mm lenses (45 & 300 new type, 105 old type), pentaprism (non-metered), waist level viewfinders; 2x tele-extender.

digital: Nikon Coolpix 5000, Sony DCR TRV19 Mini DV

I work too much to use the Pentax much any more and will be selling it to buy a 10+MP digital camera, maybe next year (has to be financed...:-() Big issue with schlepping the stuff around.

Probably go with Nikon D200 or something similiar (although the Olympus E330 is very tempting...especially with Leica glass on it!).

What I really want: 200 MP 6x9 back with a Linhof field camera and Schneider-Kreuznach glass...

JohnF

PS: Gitzo tripod with the huge Manfretto head (Bogen 3038), Manfretto monopod as well; and filters. Around 30 or so at last count...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nikon D70s

Nikon D70S with the 18-70mm lens - I also have a polarized lens filter for the bright sunny days and a Speedlight SB-600 for the night shots and party pictures.

When I purchased it - I was debating between the Canon 30D and the Nikon D70s and ended up with the Nikon - the only reason I picked the Nikon has been the price and lens options. I just love the 18-70mm and will get a 50mm 1.8 and the 18-200mm shortly soon but honestly the 18-70 cover most of my needs an is on hell of a terrific little zoom lens with wide angle possibilities - pretty sharp lens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts