·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: The Grail is on the bay!

WOW , I'm pretty sure that is from John V. Like all of you, I have it on my "watch list" can't wait to see how much it sells for !!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes that's John's I think it will hit somewhere in the five grand range. I am high bidder at $9.95 whoo hoo.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

Yes that's John's I think it will hit somewhere in the five grand range. I am high bidder at $9.95 whoo hoo.
May go for that high.......Would surprise me though. I would say more in the $3000-3500 range..........

·
Registered
11,829 Posts

Holy Moly, what a rare beauty. This oughtta be good......

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
Quite the crown jewel. Though I wish it was a Pro ...>

...T Graph so Joe could complete the Ultimate Vintage T-Graph Trifecta.:-! -Ronbo

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

Probably the nicest example of a vintage SUB I've ever seen and with all the original bits too. It sure will be interesting to see what it makes, but I'll bet it will be a kings ransom, and rightly so actually. I would doubt you will ever see the like of it come up for auction again. I remember when John got it and I was gobsmacked at the thought of it just sitting there for over 35 years and never being used. Yep someone is going to get a classic.

Pete

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,191 Posts

John beat me out on this one last year. The auction pics were fuzzy and the seller spoke no English (and my Swiss-German was nicht gut). I wasn't getting a warm fuzzy about its condition and band so I set my max fairly low. I guess the other bidders felt the same as I did, and John took it for a song. Now she's back and I bet it goes for $5-$6K. Way too rich for my blood now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Re: Quite the crown jewel. Though I wish it was a Pro ...>

...T Graph so Joe could complete the Ultimate Vintage T-Graph Trifecta.:-! -Ronbo
Thanks Ron but if this guy gets 5 or 6 grand for just a searambler T.Graph then forget about buying an actual grail T.Graph!

·
Registered
244 Posts

I guess it'll hit the 5K ~ 6K mark too.

Mind you, if I had that kind of spare dosh sitting around, I wouldn't mind paying for that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Auction ended early as the watch has been sold outwith eBay to some lucky barstud - that barstud being me!

That makes it a second NOS Doxa purchase in one week for me - surely that is a record!

Away to lie down... :-d

Cheers,
David.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

Guess we will not know how much it sold for. John V. must have worked out a deal on the side. It was at over $3700 this morning but now is ended early. Anybody here on the forum get it??

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Rather than blurting out the price let me just say it was somewhere between $4000 and $6000 ;-)

I reckon it was a good buy, will go nicely with the NOS 300T Sharkie which is airborne on it's way to me as we speak.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rather than blurting out the price let me just say it was somewhere between $4000 and $6000 ;-)

I reckon it was a good buy, will go nicely with the NOS 300T Sharkie which is airborne on it's way to me as we speak.

Cheers,
David.
Congratulations. :-! Both are great pieces and sales like this can only help brand recognition and value of the vintage watches.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I have said before and will say again, PICS PLEASE!! You can't buy watches like these and then not post pics. We will be patiently waiting............

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,191 Posts
Congrats David and John. To David for scoring a fantastic watch at a respectable price and to John for passing the grail on to a fellow Doxaholic when he could have made more from someone outside the community.

Bravo to both of you!

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
Awesome David! You have a true museum piece there. I think I would have terrible anxiety in wanting to wear it all the time...Silly Me -Ronbo

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrats to the new owner.IMHO was kinda foolish to sell a rare vintage watch that has nothing to do with the people who run Doxa now.On the other hand I am sure he made a profit off it so maybe it wasnt to foolish I guess.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts