WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some counting threads on here I thought it might be an idea to get one started on this model.

As these are advertised as being limited edition it may be worth tracking them with the last four numbers of the serial number on the reverse of the watch along with your country. These are not individually numbered so it would be interesting to see how many there are out there.

I'll start and hopefully other members will post and I'll keep adding to the list:

Irf, Thailand, 0169

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Congrats on the watch! Nice choice.

There are a lot of numbers on the back of that watch!! ;-)

T4PN, USA, 0057

fullsizeoutput_bd1.jpeg

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Irf, Thailand, #169
2. T4PN, USA, #057

·
Registered
547 Posts
Byron2701, Austria, 0182

IMG_20190514_192053.jpg

Reactions: Irf

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Irf, Thailand, #169
2. T4PN, USA, #057
3. Byron2701, Austria, #182

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
IMAG3041.jpg

kubr1ck, USA, #646

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Seen it new for $958USD shipped. Anybody seen it lower?

No, but there was an ebay seller offering $1K or best offer. Not sure if his listing is still there..

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
This baby just hit the US market, by the way.

Capture.JPG

If it pops up on Macy's, there are going to be some very good deals to be had in the coming weeks.

Reactions: yankeexpress

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. Irf, Thailand, #169
2. T4PN, USA, #057
4. kubr1ck, USA, #646
5. bratz, Singapore, #062

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1. Irf, Thailand, #169
2. T4PN, USA, #057
4. kubr1ck, USA, #646
5. bratz, Singapore, #062
6. nkwatchy, Australia, #193

Reactions: nkwatchy

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are these limited editions still being produced? G Shock official site shows $1,100 but out of stock. Only 2 pop up on Amazon. One by ethowatch for $1,200 and another from Japan dealer for $3,200. 😳. Although that one is listed as a WRGB1000X-1AJR 🤷🏼‍♂️. I love the watch but for a 50mm case it looks big in those wrist shots. Same base WRGB1000 model without red accents is $680 on G shock site. Do we know how many total limited editions are in USA? Is it #646? If so and if you like the red accents might be with the premimum to me. The 3 red lines around the bezel look amazing. I want one. What you guys think.??

EDIT: just found couple other pre-owned for around $1,350 and brand new ones in $2,700 range. Seems the (claimed) brand new one I found for $1,200 is lowest. I want to pull trigger on it as it’s close to retail but prices on this watch are all over the board. Has this limited edition X model gone up that much and that sought after?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Are these limited editions still being produced? G Shock official site shows $1,100 but out of stock. Only 2 pop up on Amazon. One by ethowatch for $1,200 and another from Japan dealer for $3,800. 😳. Although that one is listed as a WRGB1000X-1AJR 🤷🏼‍♂️. I love the watch but for a 50mm case it looks big in those wrist shots. Same base WRGB1000 model without red accents is $680 on G shock site. Do we know how many total limited editions are in USA? Is it #646? If so and if you like the red accents might be with the premimum to me. The 3 red lines around the bezel look amazing. I want one. What you guys think.??

EDIT: just saw another on E bay for $1,842. Prices on this watch are all over the board. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Production ended on the X sometime late 2019 if I recall. The lowest I've seen these sell for at that time was around $900. Casio did not reveal production numbers, but they rarely do. The main difference between this and the regular GWR besides the layered carbon bezel is the CF dial. Obviously these will only go up in price, so if you want want one, you shouldn't wait too long. You could always flip it if you don't like it and at least make back your money. And 50 mm is pretty large man, so of course it looks large on most wrists. ;) But the carbon monocoque case is very lightweight, so it's quite wearable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Man.. thanks for the quick reply. I want to pull the trigger on this watch. Correction on the seller tho. It is Altiva timepieces out of California selling thru Amazon . I found a few preowned X models listed on eBay for $1350 and another for $1850. There are a couple new ones on there as well for $2700. Seems like the new one I found for $1200 is a steal but they also want to charge me $100 sales tax. As far as size I was going by my mid size MRG1000B 1-A which is 52mm and it’s just right so figured 50mm would look a bit smaller but it doesn’t in the pictures. Is this limited edition GWR-B that sought after and have they gone up that much in value? Prices seem all over the board 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Man.. thanks for the quick reply. I want to pull the trigger on this watch. Correction on the seller tho. It is Altiva timepieces out of California selling thru Amazon . I found a few preowned X models listed on eBay for $1350 and another for $1850. There are a couple new ones on there as well for $2700. Seems like the new one I found for $1200 is a steal but they also want to charge me $100 sales tax. As far as size I was going by my mid size MRG1000B 1-A which is 52mm and it’s just right so figured 50mm would look a bit smaller but it doesn’t in the pictures. Is this limited edition GWR-B that sought after and have they gone up that much in value? Prices seem all over the board 🤷🏼‍♂️
Altivo is on Melrose in LA. I've visited the store and chatted with the owner. Really nice fellow with a genuine love for the brand. Sadly, I was informed recently that his store was looted during the riots earlier this year, so yes, do me a favor and give him some business. They are a legit Casio AD, so they're not allowed to jack up the prices. If you found this watch for $1200, you should snag it, because pretty soon the 3K street price new will be the norm.

In terms of whether this watch is sought after, to be frank the GWR was not a popular model for Casio, which is why the regular versions are heavily discounted. You can find the blue colorway on eBay for $350, which is outrageous for an $800 watch. Is the X highly sought after? I would say no, not at the moment, but I believe it will be in the future because of two reasons: 1) the GWR is the first carbon monocoque G-SHOCK ever made (the 2nd being the new Frogman) and 2) the X is the only GWR with a cabon-fiber dial.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok then... good enough for me. I pulled the trigger and ordered it from Altiva. And good ol Caly got their sales tax lol. I really appreciate your quick replies and expertise. Thank you Kubr 👍🏻. I’ll post the production # when I receive. Looks you have #646 if I’m understanding this count thread correctly. Sorry, kind of new to this hobby and forum posting.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts