·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Orca. We shall call it The Orca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I was in clinic today training bunch of doctors on a new medical device. Noticed one wearing the polar white rolex gmt ..we chatted afterwards ..he wasn't really a WIS'er but he had bought it before starting his residency (10 years ago). The watch was in really good shape and I couldn't help but notice the striking similarity between the white smp and the polar rolex. Similar size case, black markers, pure white dial, blackened hour hands, etc.

My watch on the left and a random google picture on the right ...

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was in clinic today training bunch of doctors on a new medical device. Noticed one wearing the polar white rolex gmt ..we chatted afterwards ..he wasn't really a WIS'er but he had bought it before starting his residency (10 years ago). The watch was in really good shape and I couldn't help but notice the striking similarity between the white smp and the polar rolex. Similar size case, black markers, pure white dial, blackened hour hands, etc.

My watch on the left and a random google picture on the right ...
View attachment 16083771
Nice story. Love Rolex for not changing the watch aesthetics much. Omega needs to stop redesigning every five years or so. Makes my piece look outdated and wanting new one to the advantage of omega once again lol.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'd throw the leather for winter and the rubber for summer! I have a cheap rubber on mine right now but waiting for Zealande to replenish their rubber straps end of this month.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'd throw the leather for winter and the rubber for summer! I have a cheap rubber on mine right now but waiting for Zealande to replenish their rubber straps end of this month.
Picture of your rubber straps please. Which zealande are you getting? White may look good!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
^ It's on a "hirsch performance" chinese clone from Amazon for $34 (but in all honesty, it fits great and really stood up to my recent fishing trips). Edit: Appears Zealande has replenished their straps now. Still on the border whether to go for orange or black (black would be all-rounder though).

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Link for clone strap pls. Available with use of the omega deployant?
If u read the reviews, looks like someone has this on their PO as well !!

Reactions: MackyP

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Finally received my rubber strap and deployant. Compared to the Aqua Terra rubber, this is a little more softer and flexible. Amazing that the SMP feels so light light that if feels like you are not wearing anything, considering this is a diver watch. So glad that I don’t have to wrestle with the conventional pin buckle as this will be my daily.

With this setup, I feel like I’m done with the strap hunt as I’m totally satisfied with the look and feel. Happy I spent a little more for this one and done setup. No need to buy straps for trial and error like always :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Finally received my rubber strap and deployant. Compared to the Aqua Terra rubber, this is a little more softer and flexible. Amazing that the SMP feels so light light that if feels like you are not wearing anything, considering this is a diver watch. So glad that I don’t have to wrestle with the conventional pin buckle as this will be my daily.

With this setup, I feel like I’m done with the strap hunt as I’m totally satisfied with the look and feel. Happy I spent a little more for this one and done setup. No need to buy straps for trial and error like always :)
View attachment 16089410 View attachment 16089411 View attachment 16089413 View attachment 16089414 View attachment 16089415
Did you get that straight from Omega?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

I like! I was actually thinking of either red or white for the great white.

I the rubber hitting the bezel making the bezel harder to turn?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts